PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Default Newbie with a question

Hello everyone,
My name is Marko, I live in Prince Rupert, British Columbia (CANADA). About 30 miles south of Alaska on the pacific west coast. Im in the final stages of purchasing H3. I am going to pick it up on Monday and if the vehicle is as described by dealer, I will be driving it off the lot on Monday. Its a 2006 H3 with 37,000 miles.

This brings me to my first question (and hopefully not last). This vehicle is a US import, and as youmay be aware, all the signs are in kilometers here. Im hoping that someone can tell me how to convert odometer to kilometers. I know some of you will say it, just leave it in miles, but trust me, it is a royal pain to constantly convert in your head from one to another.

Anyhow, wish me luck on Monday, if everything goes fine, my wife and I will be the proud owners of Hummer H3.

Marko

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Default RE: Newbie with a question

Let's hope that your H-3 is everything the dealer says it is.
My first thought is to not get your hopes up. I first drove a 2006 a couple of months ago and I was hooked. It was a Lux package and had 25,000 miles on it. I found a 2008 with under 15,000 miles on it and bought that one.

There is a link here on the forum about the head problems with the 2006 engines, so perhaps check that out and look up the VIN number.

I read the manual for a lot of things and use these informative forums for other explanations.
I don't know off the top of my head how to convert the odometer and temp.
Actually I do, you get into the DIC via the trip button, hold it in and go through the prompts and it does have a spot that allows to change to metric.The temp is done on the mirror itself.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Can you see Russia from there? [8D]

I believe you reset the DIC with the trip odometer reset stem. Read the manual and have at it. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM

Sounds great guys.

Thanks a lot for your responses. My best friend checked it out today, and with the exception of floor mats and mud flaps missing (and wipers being ****), its looking pretty good.

You mention problems with the head. Would you be able to point me to the post about the head. I just emailed the dealer to get the VIN.

Thank you very much.

Marko

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Hey Marko!!!