PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo Net Question from a Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Default Cargo Net Question from a Newbie

Hi all,

Ft Worth, TX here. Just bought an 06 H3 last week. With the end of year pricing and zero percent it was hard to pass up!

Well, now that I am going about the business of installing steps and other accessories, I find myself unable to figure something out.

I promise I'm not a dummy, but how the heck does the factory cargo net mount? It looks like a "sack" so I'm thinking maybe it mounts vertically somehow.

Or, does it lay flat on the floor of the rear area and cover stuff. It's an odd shape and I just can't find a place where it looks "right".

Thanks for any help!!!

Jay

Old 09-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Default RE: Cargo Net Question from a Newbie

On mine, the cargo net has 2 loops and 2 hooks. The loops attach on the small hooks on either side of the carge area near the rear of the H3. Once these are on the net gets stretched toward the rear seat and hooks on the little metal rings just behind the seats. You will have to stretch it a bit to attach it. It works well hiding the cargo in the rear area.
SK

Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Cargo Net Question from a Newbie

On mine the net attaches at the very back of the vehicle. When you open the rear door the net is strecthed out directly over the HUMMER step plate badge. The top two hooks go into the round backward c like pegs and the bottom two hooks attach the metal hooks on each side on the floor. You can only put 25 lbs. in the net. Also works as a way to keep things from falling out when you open the rear door on an incline.