PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Default New member with a question

I’m new to forum, I’ve had my H2 for about 3 months now and have enjoyed it so far but I have the wet floor boards problem. I have done some searching and reading about this problem, I ordered and installed new gaskets for the center roof lights (6) and was going to check the (4) corner lights but they already had silicone on them because I can’t get them off so I think there okay but not sure at this point.

I want to check the sunroof drain tubes but I lose them after they go through the dash. I have seen a write up with pictures of a H3 but that is not helping me find where mine go through the firewall. Does anyone have any pics of a H2?

If the (4) corner are the source of the leak should I see something on the headliner or somewhere before the floor boards.

The floors are the only thing wet that’s why I’m looking to find the drain tubes.

Thanks for any help,
Kevin

Old 01-25-2016, 08:16 AM

Ive been dealing with the sunroof leaking for a while . As you I also check the lights . Tried to clean the drain hose with everything you can imagine
Nothing works so far
The sunroof setup is very bad leaving a 1" gap between it and the truck roof
I can't either find the hose going tru the firewall nor the end of the hose either on the other side
2 days ago I stopped at the tire shop and asked the guy to blow high preasure air in the sunroof drains. Now waiting for the rain
If this doesn't work my next plan is to cut the hose . Install and reroute a new one
Btw removing the front of the roof liner is easy but the sun visor is a little tricky. Will post video if had to do it

Last edited by H2Miami; 01-25-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:33 AM

Suggestion -
Park truck on dry road (to see if water is draining by front wheels)

Fill reservoir at front of sun roof with water. I used a plastic dust pan to dump a big glass of water in there as to not spill on my console

See if the water "just sits" - see if road is wet. Road is wet the tubes are working

Get some WEED WHACKER line push it into the holes int he front right and left corners. You may have to jam it in and out a bunch to loosen up any debris. I remember I put the cord in about 5-6 feet

Is the water slowly going down and road getting wet?

Now, if you got an air compressor, get this from Amazon (or wherever):
Rubber Tip Blow Gun Straight Tilt Valve with Male Quick Connect Stem
Set pressure to 25 psi and jam it in the hole and slowly increase the pressure

Now, if your luck was like my luck, as fast as you can pour water in the reservoir, it pours out on to the road

Not sure if this helps but good luck

Old 01-26-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by atari800
Suggestion -
Park truck on dry road (to see if water is draining by front wheels)

Fill reservoir at front of sun roof with water. I used a plastic dust pan to dump a big glass of water in there as to not spill on my console

See if the water "just sits" - see if road is wet. Road is wet the tubes are working

Get some WEED WHACKER line push it into the holes int he front right and left corners. You may have to jam it in and out a bunch to loosen up any debris. I remember I put the cord in about 5-6 feet

Is the water slowly going down and road getting wet?

Now, if you got an air compressor, get this from Amazon (or wherever):
Rubber Tip Blow Gun Straight Tilt Valve with Male Quick Connect Stem
Set pressure to 25 psi and jam it in the hole and slowly increase the pressure

Now, if your luck was like my luck, as fast as you can pour water in the reservoir, it pours out on to the road

Not sure if this helps but good luck

I tried this today,
First I put the Weed Whacker line down the holes, couldn't get them to all the way through but it did go in abut 5 foot.

Second I poured water down the hole and yes the water poured out by the front tires as fast as I poured it in (no standing water at all).

So I think they are clear and I guess I will look at the corner lights deeper. But I don't understand if it is the corner lights why wouldn't I see something on the headliner or somewhere before the floor??

thanks,

Old 01-26-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by K Love
I tried this today,
First I put the Weed Whacker line down the holes, couldn't get them to all the way through but it did go in abut 5 foot.

Second I poured water down the hole and yes the water poured out by the front tires as fast as I poured it in (no standing water at all).

So I think they are clear and I guess I will look at the corner lights deeper. But I don't understand if it is the corner lights why wouldn't I see something on the headliner or somewhere before the floor??

thanks,
You can't be logical with these trucks. When mine leaked from the cab lights I had water going down my visor and the handles between my window and windshield.