PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New H2 2003 Owner: Please Help w/Wheels and Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:19 PM

BF Goodrich KO2 is actually an all season/winter tires. It's a newer design based on the original KO which originally came stock with the H2. I just installed a set of 5 (315/75R16) on my wife H3 and liked it. Here in Quebec, we have winter tire law and required a dedicated winter tires that bear the snowflake mountain symbol installed between Dec. 15 to Mar. 15.

BF Goodrich KO2
All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires

Quebec winter tire law
Winter Tires | Road Safety | SAAQ

Last edited by citiboy; 02-18-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 AM

Wow! That's really cool about the BFG KO2 tires. How are they on dry pavement, normal weather on the highway? Smooth and noise-free? Are they good in the rain? Do you use them during the summer?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Synthetickiller;334093]The color on mine is silver ice. It was a limited edition color for 2009, only.
I think your's would be pewter or possibly white then? I had an 03 pewter. Great truck. Only problem I ever had was a fuel pump issue around 80k miles.

16k miles is insane. That's just rare. Really take care of it. I have no clue what you paid, but that would fetch a pretty penny if you ever wanted to get rid of it (not that you should).

It is so hard to find these H2's with low miles on them and I just plain got lucky. I was really wanting a very nice, low mileage H2 and almost sprung the big bucks from A & L Imports as they seem to have the nicest ones. But as luck would have it, I found this low mileage (16K on the odometer) in California that belonged to someone in the movie business, hardly driven over the course of all those years, always garaged. I didn't really want a 2003 and would have preferred a 2008-09, but where do you find a 16k mile car and not pay $75K? A&L Imports is asking above original sticker price on lots of their H2's.
I take great care of my vehicles (being a car guy...mostly sports cars) and this H2 won't really be my steady daily driver, but I will drive her a couple times per week for sure. I live pretty close to my work, so it really won't rack up the daily miles. However, I do plan to take her on my summer vacation out west, possibly to the Canadian Rocky Mountains. That would be fun! :-)

Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Treviso
Wow! That's really cool about the BFG KO2 tires. How are they on dry pavement, normal weather on the highway? Smooth and noise-free? Are they good in the rain? Do you use them during the summer?
The Michelins also have the snowflake symbol as well. In the tiny bit of snow I used them in, they were solid. At least as much as I could ascertain. I only have 6 months of "snow" experience, so go by whatever citiboy says for snow.

The KO2s on pavement are amazing. Sure, there's a little noise, but they are within the European standards for noise pollution. For what they are, an AT tire, they are very quiet, but not silent. I don't notice it very much. A highway tire will be quieter. For the most part, there's going to be some sort of noise. I've never had issues in rain & we get more rain than anyone else. I use them 24/7/365, right now with no regrets. My only reason to even mention the Michelins is for ultimate comfort. If it wasn't for that, I'd ignore them entirely.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:11 PM

So, I just got underneath my my Hummer and found the DOT for my tires...they are the original tires from the 47th week of 2002! They honestly look very new...unbelievable, with tons of tread left. However, they have to come off the H2 ASAP as they are 13.5 years old! I don't keep tires for more than 4-5 years under any circumstances.
I am planning on buying the KO2's, but I would like to get some black wheels, looking at RockStar2. I don't know if I should just stick to the 17" original size wheels or if I should move up to 20" wheels? Also, 35" tires or 37"?
I haven't ever veered from the stock wheels on any vehicle I have owned in the past and I don't want to make a costly mistake.
I need some advice. Please help.
Thank you,
Robert

Old 03-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Just an FYI that Michelin LTX Defender is a highway tire. it really does not have ANY off road capabilites. I was hoping they would make the Michelin LTX A/T in a 35 but no dice. it will be very good on asphalt but don't expect much in dirt.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:23 AM
Default Tires

Mine has 37x13.5x20 tires. They rub a little if I turn too sharp. They are surprisingly quiet, but my gas mileage is poor and my speedometer is now off by a few mph.

Attached Thumbnails New H2 2003 Owner: Please Help w/Wheels and Tire Size-image.jpeg  
Old 04-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Default reply

Yo whats up guys , It depends on what you wanna do , how your gonna use it and what you want it to look like.

Every body likes different stuff some guys stay stock, some paint their stockies, some add different rubber and some dudes are sitting on 40's with custom rims.

If you were to ask me i would go 37 cause theirs no to minimal rubbing and they look way sicker and meatier than a 35 inch tire which everybody practically gets from the factory nowadays. The 37 rubber protects a bigger rim like a 20, which btw is the biggest id go . you also dont have to regear at 37 , you could but once you go 38+ a regear is best for some pep in the step.

you can go 10 wide or 12 wide for a fat lip too. but the 37 all terrain or trail tires mud tires take up more of the hummer H2 huge wheel well and balance it beter,

I have the nitto trail grapplers at 37 on 20's and am happy. Ive had mud grapplers, toyos , and Michelin and others, the nitto trail grapllers look killer and ride great for me on highways streets, dirt roads, offorads and then some. they may have a slight low droan on highway but nothing like a mud tire.

either way man congrats
take care of your truck and it will last, at only 16k you need to start driving that thing right away

good luck

Phx Rob

Last edited by GRILLSMASHER; 04-07-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: mispell