PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My senators response about keeping hummer alive

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 AM

PLEEEEZ...let's not go off on this political track again!....this is a HUMMER forum!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned
Default despise govt?

govt?,less is gooder!

i think i heard that western oil companies developed the arab oil fields and saudi took over
without US you would just need provender for your camels.

name all the car companies in arabia

love your neighbor, dont blow him up

Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
rule #1 dont expect anything sensible from govt

rule #2 refer to rule #1

rule #3 uncontrolled govt will control you
Perfect

Old 04-26-2010, 03:54 PM

No one is blaming Obama for Hummer not selling product.

What is at fault here, and one would need to understand and at the very least, read the US Constitution, to see that the process of GM's bankruptcy terms and current government ownership is wholly unconstitutional. I do not expect those living outside the US to understand this.

Marxism is not an American system, so what we have is marxism action against the market. A market that works in against this. GM is no longer an independent company, its board is beholden to the White House and therefore its decisions are made to please the White House, not the market.

Saturn, while not a brand I favor, had a very loyal following and Penske wanted to purchase it. That deal fell through. Pontiac, which lost its way years ago, now is part of history. The only reason Buick stands is because the brand is huge in Red China.

GM, died in 2008. That company no longer exists. The "new" GM is not public traded and is owned by its worst enemies, Unions and Government.

Ford is the last of the American Car companies. Dare I say, Long Live Ford.

Originally Posted by Rajul_Al_Hummer
Oh here we go again - its all Obama's fault that people didn't buy enough Hummers!

Seems the same people who warn of the creeping tide of communism are the same people urging the government to do something - the same people who spurred Bush into pumping billions into them? Seems they can't make up their mind whether they love government intervention or despise it?

Out here in Arabia Hummers are very popular (all the sand and cheap gas) - I'm surprised none of the state Companies here have stepped in to purchase it - instead they seem to be wasting their money on British football teams. Having said that last time Dubai bought a company with US assets (the Ports) it caused an outcry, I guess this time they'll limit there spending to where it is welcomed.