PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My selling dealer close - where do I go for warranty service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Default My selling dealer closed - where do I go for warranty service?

It was bound to happen. My selling dealer closed, so now I'm looking for a place to get my H3 serviced, at least during the warranty period. This dealer also sells Jeep nearby and, while he can do oil changes and the like, he can no longer do GM warranty work (though he's certainly qualified). He told me that he's been sending his customers to another Hummer dealer that is about 20 miles away and not terribly convenient for me. A local Chevy dealer has a Hummer certified mechanic, so I shouldn't have any warranty issues, but what about the adequacy of his Hummer training and experience? I'm a little concerned that he works on Chevys all day. Also, parts may be an issue, since he's likely have to send out for pretty much everything. Should I just bite the bullet and go to the other Hummer dealer?

Last edited by mikehartigan; 04-10-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling error in the subject changed the meaning
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Our warranty work was being done at our local Chevy dealership and then they said Hummer told them they couldnt work on Hummers anymore. We now go to our local GMC dealership. The closest Hummer dealership for us is 100-150 miles away. Not going to wear out my warranty just to get to the hummer dealership (especially since we only have 9000 miles left on it). Just call the GMC or Chevy dealership to verify they will work on the truck before you just show up.