PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Rejected by Chevy Dealer!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Default Warranty Rejected by Chevy Dealer!!!!???

What's up with this?? I thought all dealers would honor our factory warranty? I go in to local large Chevy dealer and the service guy takes the order as normal routine (for simple A-pillar molding replacement), then he asks the manager a question about it and he says..."no, we don't honor Hummer warranties any longer"....and walks away. No sorry etc....idiot!

I thought we were covered at all dealers? Where to go???

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlueH3
What's up with this?? I thought all dealers would honor our factory warranty? I go in to local large Chevy dealer and the service guy takes the order as normal routine (for simple A-pillar molding replacement), then he asks the manager a question about it and he says..."no, we don't honor Hummer warranties any longer"....and walks away. No sorry etc....idiot!

I thought we were covered at all dealers? Where to go???
When I experienced this I ended up calling HUMMER cust service. They ended up contacting the dealership and setup my appointment. I ended up learning (through HUMMER) that Chevrolet does not have to honor our warranty but GMC does. There isn't a local GMC dealership in my area so they got the ball rolling with the Chevy dealer.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:21 PM

Go to the HUMMER website, and you can find an authorized service center in your area.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Hello fellow Michigander! Where in MI are you located? I may be able to assist you with finding a great dealer to service your H3.

PM me ASAP!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Rochester, MI!

You have several choices in the area.
#1. in my book is Cadillac of Novi (HUMMER of Novi) 41350 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI. Worth the extra drive!
#2. would be Jim Riehl's Friendly Cadillac (Friendly HUMMER), 18900 Hall Rd, Clinton Twp, MI (Doc Olds Dealer)
#3. and if you really have to Suburban Cadillac in Troy, MI (last resort!!!!)

Hope this helps. I know for a fact that Novi and Friendly still have HUMMER service techs in the back so they have the HUMMER knowledge!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM

Also, Capitol Cadillac in Lansing is really good with our Hummers and the warranties. They even wash it up real nice when they are done.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:17 PM

Funny the Rochester GMC dealer finally tried to call me 10 days later.....did not even leave a message. What a joke!!

Just note that just because Hummer.com lists the dealers does not mean that they will or are functional enough to work on your H3.