PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My H3 is shorter than everyone elses :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I'm not an audiophile, but this is my take. The stock monsoon system is more than enough for me. I keep the base between -3 and +3 depending on the song, and I've never turned it up loud enough for music to distort.
I'm with you..... I don't think I have ever had my volume up past 3/4. I just never understood the whole "let everyone within a mile radius hear my music" thing.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
I'm with you..... I don't think I have ever had my volume up past 3/4. I just never understood the whole "let everyone within a mile radius hear my music" thing.
I'm with you too. I don't roll around blasting my music as loud as it will go because well, that's just disrespectful, and to be honest, I'll rattle windows as I go by and vibrate others cars.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is excessive and over the top, however it does bring in business for the shop. Every shop needs at least one "Done up" vehicle to promote the business.

I was never big on it until I got into the business. Like it or not, there is a huge stupid amount of money to be had in the custom car industry, be it from alarms and remote starts, stereo systems, wheels and tires, custom graphics, custom paint, etc.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned
Default "never turned it up loud enough for music to distort."

monsoon is crisp,clean,actual music doesnt need excessive base.

the thump-thump group is in desparate need of attention, which is no longer part of my dysfunction. im comfortable attracting no attention at all

Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
monsoon is crisp,clean,actual music doesnt need excessive base.

the thump-thump group is in desparate need of attention, which is no longer part of my dysfunction. im comfortable attracting no attention at all
Agreed. Most of the time my bass **** is turned down to the point where the bass is very minimal and enjoyable. I'm still using the OEM door speakers and tweeters and they sound great hooked up to my head unit. They do distort a little, and I feel they're a little bland in the mid and highs, so I'll probably replace them eventually. However, for OEM stereo equipment they're one of the best I've heard.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:09 PM

I wonder how those subs of yours would handle Turbo Polka?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1yUvzQj-U4

Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM

With the load in the rear I would install 2"-3" blocks in your rear leafs this way you gain height and retain a factory ride. Havent priced them in while but last I recall they were $ 50 with new U bolts. Or you could go rear coil overs, that's the only way shocks alone will increase ride height.

http://www.performancelifts.com/cgi-...rt/FTSBK2.html

Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM

Is there any benefit to blocks over shackles? I'm at 23 in the back and the front can only go up to 24. So if I add warrior products 1.5" shackles I'll be just about perfect. Plus they are cheaper than blocks....

Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Given the choice between the shackle and blocks I would go with the lift shackle. If you do any hard wheeling blocks make axle wrap possible, although most 94-2001 ram 4x4 use them.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 PM

Rule of thumb:

Take the length of the stock shackle between the bolts subtract that from the new shackle length between the bolts.
Devide that by 2 and that will be the approx. gain in height.

EX. stock 3" / Aftermarket 5" = 2" devided by 2 = 1" of gained height.

If you plan on keeping the system and/or adding more to the rear of your H3 I suggest you get a helper spring added to your spring pack. Your H3 will be more stable and give you the OEM height. You can contact a local spring shop and they should be able to assist you with finding the correct helper springs or add-a-leafs.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 AM

For my 2 cents worth...I would be hard pressed to find a bigger waste of time and money..than that box, etc. No one wants to hear the music from someone else's car..It's annoying..and illegal in a lot of places..At our home in Florida...if a deputy hears it..You get a ticket..and it's not cheap..

Quick Reply: My H3 is shorter than everyone elses :(