PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My H3 is shorter than everyone elses :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by airborne227
I'd say that it has to do with the big a** box in the back. Before you started making any purchases, it might be wise to remove the box and re-check your measurements. I know that could be a hassle, so you could leave it and not worry...it'll be easier to "level" off the front

It's a total hassle, and is a two person job easily. I'm going to be pulling it out some time this week to start working on the amplifier rack to go behind the sub box.

If my rear suspension is going to **** I'll just get a tuff country lift and call it a day since it comes with leaf springs and shocks and I wanted to do a lift anyways!

Last edited by Draketh; 03-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:08 AM

What is that box for ?..I have tried to think of a logical answer...but can't !!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by ozark1
What is that box for ?..I have tried to think of a logical answer...but can't !!
It's far from logical, however it is for two 15 inch sub woofers. Good friend of mine runs a custom shop.

My trucks going to be at the Cleveland AutoRama this weekend coming up!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Sounds to me like you are just fine. 150+ lbs in the back and sitting an inch, maybe inch and a half lower seems reasonable.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Sounds to me like you are just fine. 150+ lbs in the back and sitting an inch, maybe inch and a half lower seems reasonable.
Ok, that's what I figured. My truck is my weekend or daily "show off" vehicle outside of my motorcycle and other ride. I just worry about it and baby it too much.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned
Default overweight?

me!, at 260,4 guys like me are too much for an h3. the door sticker says about 1000 pounds. 4 guys,,no luggage.

150 is nuttin, but did u say batteries?, thats heavy

Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Well, my sub box is way heavier than it looks tom. It's 1 inch MDF, has internal structure for the ports, and each sub is heavy as a sumbich. In addition to that I have two Kinetik HC1800 batteries in the back.

I'm putting the sub box at 150lb at least, and then each battery is like 50lbs, and then the amps.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that I'm hauling around nearly an extra 300lbs in the rear.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

thats what i figgered,,

monsoon rattles my brain enuf!,,dont need thump-thump

Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
thats what i figgered,,

monsoon rattles my brain enuf!,,dont need thump-thump
I'm not an audiophile, but this is my take. The stock monsoon system is more than enough for me. I keep the base between -3 and +3 depending on the song, and I've never turned it up loud enough for music to distort.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I'm not an audiophile, but this is my take. The stock monsoon system is more than enough for me. I keep the base between -3 and +3 depending on the song, and I've never turned it up loud enough for music to distort.
I'll admit, it's way more base than anyone could ever need, it pisses people off, and can be heard from blocks away when the bass in cranked.

However, it is GREAT advertisement for my friend and business partners shop. Especially with the name of the shop on the rear third windows. I constantly get people asking me questions, and wanting to see whats inside because of the window sticker, and I give them all business cards.

That being said, I'm gonna do 1.25" shackles in the back, bilsteins all around, and then level the front even with the back depending on what it ends up being. The sub box is a permanent fixture in my truck so I feel comfortable adjusting the suspension around it being in the back compressing the rear suspension.

Quick Reply: My H3 is shorter than everyone elses :(