PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby isn't blowing air!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Default My baby isn't blowing air!

I looked through here and found the blower motor resistor and harness had to be changed. I did that. The part was messed up there was some plastic melted etc. I changed both those parts and still nothing...

Question, I checked the fuse box and everything seemed fine but is there intentionally suppose to be some labeled without a fuse? I forget which ones but I put a spare in and still nothing...

I heard that was a big problem and replacing those parts did the trick but NOPE it's still not blowing any air at all!

I'm getting a diagnostic done tomorrow but I was seeing if anyone could tell me anything? Maybe save me the $80 diagnostic fee :/

Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM

Blower motor might also be blown. You can test the motor with a meter to see if it's getting juice and putting out juice, i would start with the begining of the circuit and start testing and wherever the juice stops that's where your problem is. blower Motor may have gotten fried. Just a guess.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 PM

12v goes to the motor winding and is grounded by the blower sw ,resistors and top speed relay. you can ground any wire on the resistor connector to see if the motor is ok. it should spin as soon as a ground is made anywhere on the conn going to the resistor. 5 wires,one is the motor winding itself. the other end of the motor has 12v if the fuse,82,30 amp is ok. and if hvac relay 87 is ok and active by the bcm.

the resistor conn 5 pins are called a,b,c,d,e. you can ground any / all.

Last edited by happythree; 09-13-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:34 PM

Something suspicious is going on.

I took it to a mechanic that my friend recommended. $50 later they said the blower motor had to be replaced for $400. I called an old mechanic who lives 5 hours away and he said it's only $230 to fix. Sigh. This mechanic who is charging me $50+$400 is all like well the a/c is blowing out air now BUT DO NOT USE IT... it will short those wires again. They said they took things apart etc and reattached it.

So I'm kind of wondering if when I had the harness and resistor installed as DYI... that it just was somehow not in there right or something and now it works? How can it be suddenly working if the blower motor is out?

From reading on here all you had to do was replace the harness and blower resistor.

I don't know if they are trying to super scam me or if it's the truth.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 PM

it just sounds like a lot of bs flying around from scammers or guys who don't know sxxt. im bettin most forum guys who had this problem could fix it in minutes. I would stop and regroup. .you could buy the entire motor assm at a junkyard for 100$ I bet.
just checked...

$45 for motor at weber in Annville pa. if you call you would get info on assm withresistor/relay for <100$

you guys need to shop right!!!

Last edited by happythree; 09-19-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM

The part at the dealership is only $130. So ya umm what? $270 in labor?!

Oh well $50 in labor as I see it to install my harness and resistor motor... plus my $70 in parts. Ehh not too shabby!! I'm just glad it works now and I hope it doesn't screw up any time soon.

I can't find which thread on here said that we should be running the a/c at 3 or 4 only to avoid this problem? I forget.

Thanks for the response

Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM

Yah, labor is ridiculous. I try to do all my own repairs for that reason alone. You should be able to run the blower at any number.