PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

mods??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Default mods??

hey

i just recently got a h3x. i love the car and love the way it looks etc but im a car freak and cant help myself when it comes to modding.

the car is a lease so im not gonna go nuts but i the one thisng that disapointed me is it didnt have the light bar on the roof and i realy wanted it.

so i was thinking of getting the light bar put on and possibly the crome hood vents. i think it would just finish it off nicely. being that is a 39/mo lease do you guys think its worth the 400+ and 2-3 hundred for the vents and light bar?

its a stupid question but i just want to see what other peoples reasoning is before i actual blow 5-6 hundred bucks for this stuff.

thanks
anthony

Old 11-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Default RE: mods??

my theory is this.... I am also leasing my h3 and have also modded it some and will add a bunch more as money permits. My reason is simple...if in late 08 when my lease is up there is a diesel or a v8 offered then I will trade in my 06 and get a new one...most everythng I add will be able to get transferred over to the new one unless there is a body or lug pattern change for my rims. If there is no great motor improvement offered then I will buy my 06 once the lease is up.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:29 PM

yeah,

i guess 3 years is how long i would most likely own a car for anyway so a few hundred in that period isnt that bad.

ill probably do it it would make a big diffrence .

Old 11-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HIGHBRED8

yeah,

i guess 3 years is how long i would most likely own a car for anyway so a few hundred in that period isnt that bad.

ill probably do it it would make a big diffrence .
Are you going to keep it after the lease? I have a 4 year lease, 3 of which is left, but honestly I really love my truck and even if I can get a better one or more powerful one, I will keep mine because of all the things I have added to it. Also knowing that at the end of my lease I can buy it out and keep it and have no more car payments for once in my life, that is worth it to me. It all depends on wether you are going to keep it or give it back.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:12 PM

I leased mine as well, and I have thrown a ton of money at it for junk. Just like Import, when the lease is up if there is a better deal, I'll snag it and transfer my junk to it. If there ain't then I'll keep it. If it turns out that the thing drops in value to the point it isn't worth anything and it is a Service Managers worst nightmare, then I'm screwed. At any rate, I'll enjoy what I've got, and deal with all of that in 37 months.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 AM

well im not sure if im gonna keep it.

my buy out is around 26 k. my 39/mo comes out to roughly 23k, so that would put me at 49 for this thing. which if you calculate all the interest i would of paid ver a conventional finance at the average rate i would of been somewhere around 55-60 so it would still be a deal. but then again after 3 years a car kinda shows its age and the option of upgrade is for sure going to be there. so most likely i will turn it in. but if you think of it 6-7 hundred in 39 /mo comes out to 15 to 17 a month extra. kinda worth it to have all the stuff you really want. besides to satisfy my modding thirst im most likely gonna get a 300c srt8 (06) in the next few months. i just really like the look with the lights and grill. but that would be the extents of mods on this thing besides the possible dvd player (that i could remove) for the kid in the back.

but to answer your question clearly most likely i wont keep it after the lease which will most likely be more along the lines of 33/mo since gm wil buy it out if i get a new lease 6 months before it ends.

thanks
anthony