PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

HummerGuy if your coming out I have a set of black step bars I bought on ebay and have since replaced with sliders. Your welcome to have them, just let me know if your coming out and I'll bring them along. If not and you plan on buying sliders I'll just hold on to them.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks! The ones I have are fine, but the holes in the chasis that the bolts screw into have started to rust and the threads are almost worn to the point where I don't know if they will work anymore. That's what concerns me. I really have to sit down and look for those ones that hook in.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:39 AM

Anyone have any extra sliders??? I like the rocky road ones, but I'm not sure if I'll have the $$$ to buy new ones and still make the trip......

Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 AM

Don't want anyone having to be in the poor house just for making the trip, but it would be great to meet you some more of the fourms members.

I'll start a taking collections for a gas card so we can get HummerGuy and SolarFlare out here.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

[&:] Don't do that. I make too much to deserve that.

I'll make it, don't worry. Unless my wife is on crutches, I should make it, at least Sunday. Last night she could barely walk so I may have to take her to the doctor this weekend. Hopefully my headaches are just caffiene withdrawel and not something major. Withdrawel is a b1tch [:'(] We always have something wrong. Just have to ignore it and move on. That's what meds are for right

Notice a correlation between shorter posts and no caffiene intake

Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM

At least I'm averaging 17.17 around town...hopefully doing a long trip I can get better mileage...the only problem is that when I hit 70mph I watch the gas needle drop! LOL!!!
I don't need gas money.....at least Muddy is nice enough to let us sleep at his house......!
HummerGuy-Caffeine withdrawal is nasty......I had headaches for a while(months) when I got off of Pepsi....now I can't even stand the taste of the stuff....
Still very much forward to meeting you all!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah Brandie. It's hard. I tried getting off it before and my body just totally went haywire.

Oh yeah; we are in for Sunday! We are taking a side-trip through Tennessee for a few days, but we'll be on Sunday, health issues hopefully resolved She's never seen the Smokey mountains so I'm going to take her through Memphis, Nashville and maybe Chatanooga.

That seems to work out better for everybody, including us.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

So Harrisburg is the main town/city in that area, correct? I'm just trying to figure out a base for us to stay Sat and Sun Nights before our trip back to Chicago.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM

I would stay at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove, PA. It's like 7 miles from Rausch Creek. You can go to their RauschCreek'swebsiteand click on the lodging info.
If your going to try to make it in on Saturday and do something with Muddy and I than I would choose to stay somewhere closer to us, in NJ,for Saturday Night. I'm around 2 hours from R.Creek and Muddy is another 40 mins. from me.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Wrong time to be trying to kick a caffeine habit, you'll need some for the long drive.

Reminds me of that classic movie "Airplane"...."Looks like I picked the worng week to stop sniffing glue."
That's a great movie.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)