PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

HummerGuy, you should take off your steps. Muddy and I agree these Hummers are our daily drivers so we won't do anything to damage our vehicles or get you into a spot where you don't feel comfortable. Nobody wants their trucks damaged, we'll make sure everyone has fun and gets to play in whatever they want. Some people like mud, others prefer rocks, etc. Wharton is an easy State Park with all dirt trails that you don't even have to put your truck into 4Lo. They have mud and there are bypasses. Rausch Creek has something for everyone and we'll stick to the trails that keep us and our trucks safe.
If nothing else you get to meet other drivers, talk, show off your Hummer tattoo, oh wait I'm the only guy crazy enough to have one of them, and have some fun.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

OK great. I've been on the rough trails, but that's within towing distance of my dealer, so I've never really worried about it. I'll take the steps off before we go then. My wife has had muscle problems lately in her right leg so she is having a hard time doing anything that requires stretching her legs. Hopefully she'll be better by the time we go and I can take them off.

I found some new ones (don't ask me where) that supposedly have hooks that go into the chasis bolt holes and can attach and detach without tools. I think I saw them on eBay or one of our sponsor sites. I may make the case for those after our trip.

I've got a few minor health concerns I'm getting checked out but it should be nothing. I'm getting some tests done May 10th but I think it's probably just stress-related stuff. The vacation is going to do me good, so I'm going to try really hard to come. I've already got most of it mapped out, but we probably won't be there until Sat afternoon/night.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 PM

HummerGuy, if needed leave them on and Muddy can take them off in the staging area when we get to the off road park. Like how I nominate him to do...

Old 04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

I appreciate the offer. I can put them on and off with no problem, but they may not be going back on anymore

Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well guys, gas is up to about $3.80 a gallon in the cheapest parts of where I live. If this keeps up, I may not be able to afford taking a trip, especially with us on one income. I'm really hoping and praying something dramatic happens to soften the blow before the trip, otherwise I may not be able to go, and i'm really bummed about that [&o] I need to think of my house and ya know, food, first [&:]

Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same exact thing......gas is about $3.60 here.....it's just crazy! Hopefully truckers and regular people alike can get together and not buy gas for a few days.....that would get the gas folks thinking!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have a pair of vice grips and a hammer... so I can repair any and everything....

Gas is cheap in Jersey... still $3.17 on the tunpike... and $3.21 on the Expressway... only because they are only alloed to raise it once a week... which is Thursday...

Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Just paid 3.49 per to fill up[:'(].

That was the nice thing about going wheeling down in Jersey. Filled up when I got there and again when I left.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah.... that was the thing that sucked about Wheeling at Rausch.... let with a full tank... put $50 in down the street.... so I guess it cost $100 to drive there and back...

Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

$3.17? well, maybe it wont be so bad. Chicago supposedly has the highest gas prices in the nation these days, next to or greater then L.A.

I look to you guys for motivation.

Example:

"Mike, you pansy a$$ wussy. Don't let your wife convince you gas should stop your trip, you damn SOB Mf'er. Get your ##** @#%$ here and off-road with real men, before we come and @#$ %$%$ your #%#@# and @#$$ the #@$$ to the @#$%"

Maybe I'll fear more then rising gas prices

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)