PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Burnt out on Climate Control Temp Knob

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Default LED Burnt out on Climate Control Temp ****

The LED light is burnt out on my temp control **** (**** on the left side of the three in the console). The dealer mentioned that while I can continue to use the ****, as the functionality (hot to cold) is still there, there is a chance that the circuit board that controls the ***** in that panel could have a deeper issue.

Has anyone ever had one of the LEDs burn out of one of these *****, left it unfixed and later had it turn in to a larger problem (ie- ***** losing functionality)? I am not sure if it is worth fixing if it is just going to be a lighting issue only in that one ****. While it is annoying at night, I can deal with it. However, if it is true that there could be further problems with the circuit board itself (other than the light that might surface later), I feel should fix it now while GM offered to pay for 50% of it.

Thoughts?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Well you can fix it yourself by ordering LEDs for it... A member on CHO did that, and so will I. But to answer your original question, mine burned out over two years ago (two down, center is the only working one lol) and I have yet to have any issues whatsoever stem from that...

Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

There are many posts on this, and a how to fix it right here, just search it out.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 PM

The middle one on mine went out about 6 months ago and hasn't given me any problems and haven't bothered to fix it yet. I too have seen a few threads on here with detailed fixes and pics on how to fix it. A quick search will reward you with the info you seek.

I also recently noticed someone selling replacement bulbs on ebay that look like they might work instead of the LED's from superbriteleds. Although these are pricier compared to the alternative, I plan to order one and see how it works.

Light Bulbs for 2005- 2010 HUMMER H3 Heater Climate Control A/C Backlight 037495768993 AUTO AUTOMOTIVE CAR BULB LAMP INCANDESCENT BULB NIGHT TIME TEMPERATURE VENT SWITCH DASH UNIT PART FAN HEAT HVAC TEMP BUTTONS BACK PANEL ILLUMINATION LAMP NOT LED A