PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jumper cable quick disconnects

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Default jumper cable quick disconnects

has anyone installed jumper cable quick disconnects? it seems like I'm constantly jump starting people, I guess people think oooh big hummer he can do it! I just bought an optima yellow top tonight with dual posts, so I'm thinking about wiring up a quick disconnect set up so I'm not having to always open and close they hood (I'm 5'7" and with the front leveled on 35s I have to jump to reach the hood when it's open and I do not like pulling it down from the side). I'm looking for mounting ideas for the disconnect part, I'm thinking about making a mount in the grill area around the horn so it's not obvious and I can stick my and through a slot to plug it in. I may have to eventually move it since I want to build a winch mount in the same area in the future like I had seen someone on here do, but that'll be down the road always.

http://www.propickupmag.com/diy-quick-connect-jumpers/

here's a cheap DIY way of doing it instead of buying a 200 kit from warn, etc. and you can buy a plug cover for the end mounted on the car to prevent water and dirt from getting on the contacts.

Last edited by staggs; 06-02-2013 at 10:11 PM.