PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jiffy Lube screwed up my truck, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Default Jiffy Lube screwed up my truck, what to do?

On Saturday 8/11/12, took my 2003 H2 to a Jiffy Lube to have my trans flushed. It took almost 3 hours for them to do it, when I left I started hearing a clanking sound when I was at a stop light about a block away. I didnt think nothing of it do to the fact there was alot of cars around me and didnt think it was comming from my truck. When we started driving the sound stopped and didnt hear it anymore so figured it was someone elses car. Got home parked it for the night. today 8/12/12 took the truck out and was driving for a while then started hearing the same clank sound pulled over and got out to see where it was comming from. could not tell so I popped the hood to check the oil thinking maybe its low, pulled the dipstick and WTF, the oil is red, the guys at jiffy lube hooked up the trans flushing machine to the oil cooler lines by mistake and pumped 12 quarts of trans fluid into my engine. The first thing I did was call the store to tell them what they did, and told them to get a hold of the manager or their corporate office, because of it bein a sunday nobody answered their phone. so I drove to the first Jiffy Lube I seen, told them the situation, they changed the oil for me, and filter but still hear that clank sound. but cannot pinpoint were it is comming from. sounds like its comming from the exhaust but does not always make the noise. goin to call their corp. office in the morning to find out what they are goin to do. I want to get my engine flushed and have it checked to make sure there are no internal problems that was caused by their screw up. I want to take it to a GM dealer, and have the trans flushed the right way, at jiffy lubes expense, I hope they dont give me any problems and put it off for me to get it fixed. not sure if I will still go get my oil changed there anymore, I guess I will have to see if they give me the run around. will let you know what happens. has anyone have this happen to them?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:12 AM

That sucks go get them good luck!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM

First of all I would NOT have even touched it.

Having the oil changed flushed any evidence you had right down the drain.

Nor should you have driven it after the discovery.

You should have spoken to a lawyer right away.

You're likely going to have to eat this one because Jiffy lube will deny any wrong doing now that you have no proof.

12 quarts of anything in your engines crank case is way bad for it. Your engine is likely toast.

I know this is the last thing you wanted to hear, but sorry man there's just no way around it now.

The damage is done.

I believe your engine only holds or requires just over 6 quarts of oil.

12 quarts is well over a gallon too much.

I am amazed it even made it as far as it has.

Last edited by Smittro; 08-13-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 AM

buck buck buck'em down but srsly,I recommend everything everyone said above^

Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you had a less than positive experience when you visited one of the Jiffy Lube service centers. We would like to know more about this experience. Could you please provide the date of service, the name the vehicle was serviced under, the location you visited, and or the license plate of the vehicle, and any additional information regarding your experience you would like to bring to our attention? Please feel free to contact us directly by emailing us at Jiffy-Lube-Customer-Service@shell.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jiffy Lube Customer Service
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you had a less than positive experience when you visited one of the Jiffy Lube service centers. We would like to know more about this experience. Could you please provide the date of service, the name the vehicle was serviced under, the location you visited, and or the license plate of the vehicle, and any additional information regarding your experience you would like to bring to our attention? Please feel free to contact us directly by emailing us at Jiffy-Lube-Customer-Service@shell.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO.

The opening thread starter should deal with this in person and no other way else(of course,it's my opinion). I would not send out information to anyone unless a person from jiffy lube has given out a email address directly to their customer service.

Obviously,for privacy issues and such.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM

Agreed! I would never give a new poster claiming to be whom ever my plate number, or any other form of personal info after being approached in this manner.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Smittro
Agreed! I would never give a new poster claiming to be whom ever my plate number, or any other form of personal info after being approached in this manner.
It's an email not provided by the jiffy lube site so yea,I'm skeptical. Plus,this in no way helps the person. It just gives feedback for future en-devours.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jiffy Lube Customer Service
"FROM JIFFY LUBE CUSTOMER SERVICE"
Peggy works for Jiffy Lube NOW!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 AM

I am not trying to add anymore grief to the original poster because he already has his hands full with the engine problems on his H2.

But my question is this: Why take any vehicles that you own to a place like Jiffy Lube to begin with?

Do people take their cars/trucks to these places to save money or do they take them there becasue it's easier? Exactly how much money can be saved at a place like this for an oil change as opposed to taking it to a GM (or any other) dealer for the same service? $10 bucks perhaps?

I know money is tight for a great many people but a savings of $10 bucks on an oil change is just slightly more than 2 gallons of gas these days.

I have never taken any of my vehicles to Jiffy Lube so I don't know how much they charge but my local Chevy dealer charges $19.99 for an oil change and they are open late in the evening and until 3:00 on Saturday's. They always do a tip top job and even give a free car wash to boot.

I can't imagine that Jiffy Lube is much cheaper than the Chevy dealer but as I said, I've never been there.

The problem with Jiffy Lube is that many of them employ high school kids that don't really care whether they put oil in the windshield washer fluid tank or transmission oil in the crankcase. All they are doing is looking to make a little spending money.

I guess what I am asking is what do you really save by going to Juffy Lube? Unfortunately not much when they screw up and blow an engine.

Anyway, I'm off the soapbox and again, I feel for the original poster and do not want to add more grief to him. His situation stinks and he is unlikely to get any relief from Jiffy Lube.

Quick Reply: Jiffy Lube screwed up my truck, what to do?