PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod FM Transmitter...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Default Ipod FM Transmitter...

Hello Everyone,

I have an 06 H3.

Was looking for a simple way to integrate an Ipod.

I had previously tried an FM Transmitter and was not impressed.

THought I would give it another try and picked up a Griffin iTrip.

It seems to work well. It runs off of the Ipod battery, so no wires and I just leave it in the cupholder or on the dash.

All in all good sound, clear and much better than the first FM Transmitter I tried.

/Mike.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ipod FM Transmitter...

I have a Griffin iTrip for the wife's ride. Works OK when not in the Detroit - Chicago corridor and Metro areas. I went with an ipod adapter from integrated solutions for my 3, super easy to install, and works very well, no FM transmitter static issues at all!!

2006-2007 HUMMER H3 AUX INPUT MP3/iPOD

Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 PM

I am in Toronto, Ontario and it seems to work pretty good most places I drive. Haven't had to go beyond the 3 presets. I use the second FM band for this so pretty simple.

I like the wired in approach you took, but my dealer was not interested to install anything but an Audiovox I believe that went into the headphone jack, so have to adjust volume on ipod first as well as control it. They would not touch another brand and said to do the install with adapters, etc... would be $550. For that money I would change out the deck and put in some sort of DVD/integrated backup.

If anyone knows someone in Toronto area to install that type of thing and that is reputable I may go that route.

Thanks for the reply.

The iTrip is an easy solution to get the tunes in and all in all, I am relatively happy.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi All,
I picked up my 08 H3 Labor Day. I installed the PAC-GMC2 kit. It's a direct wire to the radio. It uses the XM band on the radio to control the Ipod. Plug the Ipod in (the wires are long about 4-5 ft). I wired mine so the ipod is in the center console. Puchased through Amazon......I tried both the Griffen and Monster FM.....did not like the sound Quality. Here's a link to the kit.....I got mine for $100.00 through Amazon though.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10790

Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mike it was very easy to install, plugs in to the aux input behind the radio, tap a positive and install a ground connection, done in less than 30 minutes.
If I could install the wiring (I am a nuts and bolts guy, not an electronic whiz by any means) you can do it easy.