PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior mods for a new H2

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Default RE: Interior mods for a new H2

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I never thought about scratches.....Maybe they seal it with a couple layers of a clear-coat, should be able to buff out? What do ya think?
well i swapped a couple of emails with Greg & he offered that the finish is exterior-car in quality/type. Thus exterior car care products/buffs/etc. would be effective. On a related note, an application of something like Mothers Plastic Polish is something i've used from time to time to keep shiny black things looking good. it lends a very smooth/slippery surface quality which improves mar resistance, and on many surfaces it has nice buffing qualities (though perhaps not all, don't try this w/o testing a small inconspicuous area, greenblade is not responsible for any mishaps)

i'm sure my inside will take some bumps, but i'm going piano-black barring some brainstormingly good idea for an alternate surface. Carbon Fiber won't show mars nearly as much as piano black, because the surface is broken, which draws the eye away from the scratches/scuffs.

some of the mottled finishes he shows will also hide scuffs alot better, as would a black-stained wood that was almost black, but still not perfectly uniform
Cool, Thanks for doing the legwork(e-mail work). I'm still going to get the piano black, I think it's the nicest, plus it will really accent with my exterior color[8D]

I think the Piano Black would look AMAZING with your White exterior. Never really been a fan of carbon fibre. I don't know why????

Old 05-17-2006, 05:13 AM

i also don't dig carbon fiber, but it seems to be all the rage. its too... car audioish. And there's a place for that, i'm just not sure its inside a hummus 2, because the inside of the H2, while having the exposed bolts and somewhat over-styled dash (that's a GOOD thing), is comfy and the leather is killer and... i think the classy black beats the carbon black in these trucks.

if you could dress up the inside of an H2 to S-class or Bentley standards, and chrome the entire outside of the truck... sort of enhances the beauty and the beast element (big offroading truck / luxo ride & plus interior) of the thing that i enjoy so much.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:06 AM

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said

Old 05-29-2006, 10:05 PM

Hummbob,

have you gotten your pieces to install yet?

Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 AM

Not Yet[:@]

I paid for them last week, I'm told I should have them in a few weeks. I'll let you know and post pics when it's installed

Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 AM

cool.

i hope they pack 'em snugly to ship!