PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Im Totally a Newbies Newbie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Nicein White......I was adament about buying only a Black 86-87 Corvette ......& I .did so. I would rather not travel across country...but would be willing to drive 200 miles. Any thoughts of buying one from a ''reputable'' dealership online.....or even eBay ...having her shipped without a test ride if the price , documentation, condition and pics show a mint condition. I know this may be a risk but was wondering how many people say like me in NJ locate something in Nevada or Texas but don't want to make the trip....Anyway I am looking forward to owning one and keeping her for some time.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Mine was a leap of faith--exactly what you stated; I bought it based multitudes of pictures I'd asked the dealer to send, I spoke to 3 different people that worked there on different occasions to see if I got a different story on anything. Then I had my servicing dealer run the VIN and tell me the H2's story.
All I could do was hope it ran and drove well and dependably; then when I saw it drive up to my house, all fears went away--it was more beautiful than I could have imagined, better than a mail order Russian bride!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM

I have a wagon, but agree with your search. Look at the under carriage, I found a number from the Salt Belt with extensive frame and suspension component rust. Ended up driving 200 miles to see one after looking at all the rustbuckets. It had a perfect service history (carfax) and the under carriage was perfect, but a few parking lot dings that they didnt tell me about. In the end, I got a 2004 with 77K miles for $17500.00, $500 under wholesale. After $300 worth of paintless dent repair, I am good to go. So there are deals out there.