PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If this is the HX concept........Damn !

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Default RE: If this is the HX concept........Damn !

regardless, the wrangler should be worried. h3's pwn cherokees (and i aint talkin indians). i have a good feeling the h4 will do us proud too.

mark it down: the monopoly ends in sep 09.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 AM

I think we are going to see more H4s on the trails any idea of what the price point is going to be?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:08 AM

sorry...but if the h4 is an IFS then it will not compete with a wrangler...especially a rubicon...just ain't gonna happen!!!! The 4 door JK is comparable to the h3 in every size aspect and a 4 door rubi will wheel circles around an h3 adventure. Comparing the vehicles is silly anyay...why must people say one is better than the other....go wheel and have fun...they are both capable machines for god sake's.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Okvalley

Don't get me wrong. It's a good looking rig, but it's hard to come out with something original and separate from Jeep when you try to build a direct competitor to Jeep based in a vehicle lineup whose original design appearance was produced by Jeep LOL

Go ahead. Flame me lol
It's just sibling rivelry...... now play nice beforePapa AMC has to step in. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

sorry...but if the h4 is an IFS then it will not compete with a wrangler...especially a rubicon...just ain't gonna happen!!!! The 4 door JK is comparable to the h3 in every size aspect and a 4 door rubi will wheel circles around an h3 adventure. Comparing the vehicles is silly anyay...why must people say one is better than the other....go wheel and have fun...they are both capable machines for god sake's.
Check out the side views of the Hx,it's got the longest trailing arms I've ever seen used with rear independant suspension. I wonder if this indicates that it will use one of thoseset ups used by fully independant suspended rock crawlers? If so, this could be a game changer for production off-roaders. Othwise I agree that typical fully indepenant SUV's are not a lot of fun to drive off-road.

If Hx proves credible, it couldskimaway mosthigh-end modeland highly optioned Wrangler sales.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 AM

agreed...but I HIGHLY doubt you'll see that suspension in a production vehicle...if so expect to pay more for the new h4 than an h2....sad, I'd love to see that suspension on a stocker.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 AM

well i,personally,dont consider the h3a direct competitor of the 4-door jeep. it competes w/ the cherokees, specifically grand...which it pwns off-road. hummers areconsideredluxury off-road (?)vehicles. 4-door jeeps are more recreational and not so luxurious...

to be honest, i dont really care which one is "better" than the other. im just [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]back at our new friend, OK.

also, i never said the h4(x) would be better than a rubi. until it comes out, we'll have no clue. just that it will compete in the same market, which it will...whetherwethink its better or not. im just happy that someone is trying to compete in that market since the wrangler has been the walmart of recreational autos. i know suzuki tried with the samurai , but now there'spotential fora real competitor. and, that's good for lovers of both brands as it willfuel price competition as well.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:08 AM

I think it will compete with Jeep, after all Hummer's motto is to come out with vehicles that are the tops in their class in off road capablity. But let's not rush to judgement and there is room for everyone on the trail.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 PM

well said trey. i knew you were good guy. you have to be...you own a slate blue .

Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 PM

LOL I'll consider myself poked.
But I agree that with IFS, this thing is gonna get smoked by the Wrangler. Any wrangler. Hell, even a CJ.
Shame they didn't make some attempt at an SFA. Would be nice to see a real offroad rivalry again. Even if it is sibling rivalry.

I vote Jeep buy back Hummer and make 'em tough again HAHA (simmer down, i'm kidding on that one).

The H3 competes with the Grand Cherokee? Dude, what are you smokin'? I don't think anybody has told Jeep or GM that LOL

Quick Reply: If this is the HX concept........Damn !