PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If this is the HX concept........Damn !

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Default RE: If this is the HX concept........Damn !

certain parts just look too damn close for the hummer to be called unique...look at the back

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, like one of them he man off road nobby tire quasi golf cart things?

Nice Hi Res pic IK, but there ain't no roof on that Jeep thing.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM

but there is TWO HEMIS'!!! one front, one rear...4 wheel steering over 700 hp!!! there are some amazing off road video's out there...this truck is INSANE!!! 20" ground clearance to the pumpkin!! Not knockin the hummer...I'd love to own tht as well.....just saying that if you want to seperate youself from the chasing Jeep reputation why not come out with soomething completey unique? The fenders say Jeep...the back and tailights say jeep....no doors...jeep. That's my only point...it way too jeep-wannabeish

Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM

HX CONCEPT PROVIDES VISION OF A RUGGED, OPEN-AIR HUMMER
DETROIT - With its unmistakable HUMMER design and a compact, go-anywhere driving ethic, the HUMMER HX concept challenges the hierarchy of the trail. HUMMER displayed the nimble, reconfigurable off-roader at the 2008 North American International Auto Show.
More compact than a HUMMER H3 - 81 inches (2,057 mm) wide, with a 103-inch wheelbase (2,616-mm) - the HX concept is an open-air, two-door off-road vehicle that packs the off-road acumen for which HUMMER has become legendary, along with an easily convertible body that acclimates to varied trail conditions, cargo needs or passenger whims. Its design is based on the ideas developed by a trio of young designers who are new to the HUMMER studio.
“The HX is HUMMER’s vision of an agile, trail-ready, open-air vehicle that fits the lifestyles of everyone who needs or wants to drive off road,†said Martin Walsh, HUMMER general manager. “Of course, it carries exceptional off-road capability and the distinctive styling for which all HUMMERs are known.â€
The HX offers an open-air driving experience via a pair of removable roof panels above the driver and front passenger, and a modular, removable rear roof assembly. With the roof panels and roof assembly removed, the HX is transformed into a true convertible.
Easy removal of the roof panels and rear-roof assembly enables quick conversion from a closed vehicle to an open one. The HX also was designed with several roof assemblies, allowing this versatile vehicle to be configured as an SUT (with the roof assembly removed), a stylish slant-back or a traditional, wagon-like design that offers a bit more cargo space.
The HX was shown with a slant-back configuration, wearing a desert-inspired matte olive paint scheme, at the North American International Auto Show. Additional convertible features include:
* Removable doors - easily removable pins in the exposed hinges allow the doors to be removed quickly - an appreciated feature of many serious off-roaders
* Removable fender flares - attached with quarter-turn quick-release fasteners, the composite fender flares can be quickly removed for additional trail/rock clearance, or if the flare is damaged during off-road driving
“The modular design of the roof and removable body panels mark an evolution of HUMMER’s design aesthetic,†said Carl Zipfel, director of design. “These features demonstrate a deeper understanding of enthusiast desires when it comes to off-road driving - and the slant-back design gives the HX a look all its own.â€
Purposeful exterior
The design of the HX was driven by input from three young designers who were new to GM and the HUMMER design studio. As part of their “initiation,†they were charged with developing concept drawings for a smaller, youthful HUMMER and the HX is a direct result of their creativity. The HX concept is based on one of the designers’ original illustrations, but incorporates the best ideas and elements from the other designs.
“HUMMER appeals to young people globally and served as a perfect first assignment for our newest talent,†said Ed Welburn, vice president, Global Design. “Today’s graduates from top design schools are ready to hit the ground running. The HUMMER design challenge gave our newest designers an opportunity to sprint.â€
Inside and out, the HX carries a purposeful aesthetic that, from initial sketches to finalized clay models, was refined in only six months.
“This is the HUMMER design language stripped down to its essence,†said David Rojas, creative designer. “The HX has an aggressive appearance and great proportions, with beauty lying in its functional austerity.â€
On the exterior, the lightweight theme is evidenced in the appearance of exposed, billet aluminum suspension components that feature CNC-machined lightening relieves, as well as clean, unadorned bodywork and minimal trim. The lightweight theme is taken to

Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

I wish just once the actual vehicle came with the concept tires...

I like those...

Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM

yea...they are cool! Kinda look like a new baja claw.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:05 PM

can I get a black one !!!
baby K I T T
LOL

Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 PM

So, that's going to be the new "Baby Hummer"!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 PM

OK, first I like it. Not ready to turn in my Tact but I like it. Second, here's where I offend or tick someone off, that second to last shot, the one from the side. For a split second when I first saw it, I thought that it looked alot like and FJ.[sm=smiley13.gif]sorry

Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 PM

I see it too...I thought that when I first saw it but decided to take the Jeep approach instead

Quick Reply: If this is the HX concept........Damn !