PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Default RE: I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

Are you going to get cashmere carpets again, or black instead?

Then there is alway pink .... hey rhill20

Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

I have seen the ads, and I by no means think my truck is designed for mudding or indestructible(obviously). I do however believe that Hummer Markets it's vehicles to avid off-roaders who do in fact come across mud every now and then. The vehicle itself performed great and didn't let me down or strand me. I actually don't like the mud because it usually results in 2 hours of clean-up for 10 min of fun. I was exiting a part of the off-road park, and driving through a muddy puddle I had driven through a week prior(only way out through trees). Someone must have been running back and forth through the puddle, because it was MUCH deeper and nastier. That's why I got burried in the first place because I was not carrying any speed through the puddle, and realized my error too late. I assure you it was not due to over-confidence on my part but in-attention. It was definitely not a "Hey Yall watch this" moment. I have learned from my mistake, and will not be attempting obsticles that i don't explore on foot first!
Josh I didn't mean anything by my rant, It wasn't directed towards you. It's directed more to the other Hummer owners that might be reading your thread, It kills me to see newbies that never read the manual out on the trail thinking their Hummer can't get damaged. I even stopped one H2 driver on a trail to let him know that he was going to get his running boards bent up trying to go over this log and his response was oh well I'll buy a new one when I get home. And than there's my post of the H3 who swamped his truck on the first day he ever took it off road and it was totalled. To that guy's credit he knew it was his fault and went out and bought another H3, but this time he's going to learn how to drive it properly.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 AM

Josh I didn't mean anything by my rant, It wasn't directed towards you.
It's cool man, no worries!

Are you going to get cashmere carpets again, or black instead?
cashmere. I thought about clack for a second but i already have tan Weathertech floorliners, and thought that would look like a weird combo!

Old 01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Ther is an OLD off road rule that I follow to the T!!!! Always. May seem too conservative for some, but I never drowned yet.

Gos like this: If you can't see the bottom of a puddle, or you do not know exactly how deep it is, avoid it no matter how seemingly small!

Gene the GMpartsdude is awesome. I ordered a little chickenchit part (the console tray) and he gave me a shipping discount like you cannot believe!!!!

I just do not understad why Hummer makes that stupid plastic tray standard on the Lux H3, but not on the Base of Adventure??? WTF Are they that desparate for another $10.00 profit margin????

Old 01-17-2008, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL:
I just do not understad why Hummer makes that stupid plastic tray standard on the Lux H3, but not on the Base of Adventure??? WTF Are they that desparate for another $10.00 profit margin????
Don't you know Doc Olds, that's where GM makes all it's profit..lol.