Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   I SCREWED UP BIG TIME! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/i-screwed-up-big-time-9336/)

josh1899 01-12-2008 05:09 PM

I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

Went to spring creek today to have some fun with some buddies and absolutely buried my truck. Went through a mud hole I have been through several times. Well for some reason it was ALOT deeper, and I got stuck.Water was up to the H3 logos on the side. Almost to the top of the bumper in the front and rear. i had to crawl out of the truck through the sunroof because I didn't want to open the doors. No big deal, someone winched me out, done deal. Not really. As i was getting back into the truck my buddy noticed some mud in the passenger floor board. I thought oh crap there go's a big stain. I sopped it up with a towel, and we headed for the carwash. I HEARD WATER SLOSHING AROUND UNDER THE CARPET!!!!!![:@] At the carwash, I pulled off the door scuff plate and lifted the carpet, and proceeded to crap my pants. It was full of muddy water. We headed strait to the house. I pulled both front seats, the center console, and the rear seat. the carpet is totally ruined. The pad and carpet are completely saturated. I have shop vacked all the water and mud out, and hair-dried all the electrical components. My question is this. WHAT DO I DO NOW!? I really hope I didn't screw anything up. I wish Hummer would put rubber flooring in these damn things! How much do you think a complete new carpet with the underpad would be? Could i maybe rhino line the floor instead? I'm really freakin out here guys. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

3hummers 01-12-2008 05:13 PM

RE: I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

Josh,

If you pull the carpet out and clean it, let it completely air dry youmight be able to salvage it. One of the rightthings they did with the H1s was the vinyl flooring and drain plugs. The carpet and pad do help cut down on the road noise some but I agree, I wish Hummer would offer a wash down flooring option.

josh1899 01-12-2008 05:24 PM

Is my truck screwed? Everything runs fine, and everything works fine.(praying this will continue) Is a dealership going to get suspicious if I bring in a stripped hummer and ask for new carpet. I don't want them to think its a flooded vehicle (which i guess it was). I don't want to get railed on this f#@* up. The carpet is not salvageable. The underpad was soaked in muddy water. It will mold and stink so i yanked it. Pretty easy to do actually. I need to find out how much carpet is(scared its going to be outrageous), and get it replaced or do it myself. i really would like to put spray liner in there, but there are too many electrical wires and such that i don't think it will be possible. I'm going to vomit.......

3hummers 01-12-2008 05:32 PM

Josh, I don't think it is near as bad as you think. As long as you didn't submerge the engine compartment and everything electrical still works you are probably ok. I haven't checked on carpet prices but try GMpartsdude on this site. He sells to forum members at large discounts. You could also go to a local trim shop for the carpet and install. If the carpet was that easy to pull it shouldn't be that hard to reinstall. I used to restore old Corvettes and carpet installation was not difficult. When I used to dunk some of my other 4x4 vehicles I would pull the wire connections apart and use my compressor to blow any water out of the connectionsto prevent future issues.When I used to dunk some of my other 4x4 vehicles I would pull the wire connections apart and use my compressor to blow any water out to prevent future issues. Take a deep breathe and calm down. I don't think it is as bad as you think.

3hummers 01-12-2008 05:34 PM

As far as the dealer goes your girl friend could have thrown up all over your carpet, the dog could have peed on it, you might have left your windows down.....

josh1899 01-12-2008 05:40 PM

thanks for quick replies man. I'm just paranoid when it comes to my ride. I chit a small kitten when i get a scratch or door ding!:) i just don't want to have to spend an arm and a leg getting the truck right again. I guess i deserve it. the funny thing is that i have been in deeper than that, but I guess sittin there waiting to get yanked out did my in. Sittin here looking at my truck gutted is adding to the nausea. :(

smokinhummer 01-12-2008 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Josh,

If you pull the carpet out and clean it, let it completely air dry youmight be able to salvage it. One of the rightthings they did with the H1s was the vinyl flooring and drain plugs. The carpet and pad do help cut down on the road noise some but I agree, I wish Hummer would offer a wash down flooring option.
I would give this an attempt. You would be suprised what a good scrubing and air drying will do. Just think when you have your carpet shampoo'd they put a whole lot of water in the carpet (which soaks the pad). If you let it dry properly you could never know it. Good thing is all electrical is working fine. My opinion is I would not take it to the dealer for any work. If you do need a new pad I would find it on the net or check with a localupholstery shop. They may want to void something on your warranty.

PS Not to change the subject completely, but I was at Spring Creek today. Where did this happen? Good Luck

josh1899 01-12-2008 05:43 PM

Not to change the subject completely, but I was at Spring Creek today. Where did this happen?
Back in the back left side were the big concrete drop off goes down to the spring.
The pad is soaked with that nasty stink ass mud. The soupy stuff. i tried to clean at first, but I think it is toast.

smokinhummer 01-12-2008 05:44 PM

3 hummers you are quick. You posted twice while I was typing.

Josh,
I'm with 3hummers it is probably not as bad as you think and do check with gmpartsdude he may give you some comfort. I know how you feel bro when it comes to your 3. I myself get sick at the thought.

smokinhummer 01-12-2008 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

Not to change the subject completely, but I was at Spring Creek today. Where did this happen?
Back in the back left side were the big concrete drop off goes down to the spring.
The pad is soaked with that nasty stink ass mud. The soupy stuff. i tried to clean at first, but I think it is toast.
Damn, I almost went through there myself. The only thing that stopped me was it was my first time there, I was by myself, and the guy at the front told me not to cross the water. I thought it was because the property on the other side was not part of the park.