PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Default RE: I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!

I didn't cross. I got stuck in one of those three mud holes just before the drop off. [:@]

Old 01-12-2008, 05:52 PM

I PMed Gmpartsdude and asked. Anyone know how often he's on the forum?

Old 01-12-2008, 06:55 PM

I hope everything goes well.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

partsdude is usually on everyday. It is Saturday so as hard as it might be try to be patient. he'll respond soon.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 PM

Yea, he got back with me. He said he can get the carpet, and everything should be fine if i let it dry out a little. Seems like a real cool guy. I really appreciate everyones help. Sorry I was ranting earlier! I've since cooled a little, but I'm still ! Once again, WHY does hummer not offer a rubber floor option or easily removable carpet with drain plugs? Jeeps, FJ's, hell even Honda elements have it. Why can't we?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trade up to the H1s, they have everything you just mentioned. Glad you are feeling better about things.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:45 PM

Hey Josh, did you buy or lease? If you are buying it shouldn't be that hard to make what you are talking about. You could use that DURALINER, buy some rubber plugs and drill your holes to the size of the plugs then put the DURALINER on the flooring. Just a thought, I have beentoying with this ideamyself. Would make it louder in there but would be durable.

Before I get yelled atNo, I haven't looked at any of it and have no idea how plausable that idea is. JUST an idea. For what it's worth.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Makes sense to me. I have always asked why GM didn't offer an off-road option for the serious off road, camping, hunting types. So many Hummer buyers spend a fortune outfitting the truck after they get it and GM is letting all of those dollars go somewhere else.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:40 AM

Man it would really be tough. There are several wires and wiring harnesses to think about. Two to each seat. Then there are the vents that run from under the dash to the rear seat for heat. There is also a (mystery) cable that runs from under drivers side dash to middle of drivers side floorboard? Not to mention the 2 in thick wraps of cables running down each side of cab by doors! I really wish we could do it, but I think replacement carpet would be cheapest and easiest to do!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you PM'd Gene and asked him....

Just everyone remember to be polite to him if it takes a day for a response. We are not his only customers. He is here to help us. He doesn't want to be treated like a punching bag. I only say that because I know that people get used to having him around and start to demand what isn't always possible.

nuff said....

Quick Reply: I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!