PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I raced a car and they didn't win

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Default RE: I raced a car and they didn't win

You Guys BE CRAZY!!!![8D]

Fricken LONG thread though!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 AM

it does have good top end,i would have to agree

Old 10-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I was up in Northern MI this summer, I was going on a little memmory lane kinda ride where my parents and I sayed years ago at a resort that is now engulfed by developement of condos and a luxury golf course. I'm driving down this big hill and showing the kids where I tobogganed like 40 years earlier, covered in dried up ferns and tall weeds and all of a sudden there is this narrow little dirt trail. So............duh... I follow it down and around this small pothole and when I bust out of the brush............ I'm sitting on the fairway of the golf course next to this giant fountain and landscaped waterfall thing. I look down the fairway and there are some guys with as couple carts looking at me like I'm friggin nutz!! OOps! My kids are cracking up and I'm gently turning around to skeedaddle before the Sheriff Department gets a call.
So I was almost there with ya mh307. Takin on golfers with my 3.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM

thats funny

Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 PM

That story was hilarious. Once i was looking for a house in an upscale lakeside development with a golf course, and i passed the road i was supposed to turn on. The lanes were divided and i turned around to go back on the turn around....too bad it was a golf cart path. I thought it was a tight squeeze between those pine trees. Some lady ina lexus saw me and gave me the "are you nuts?" look. It was really priceless. Not as good as docs story, but true none the less.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

I was up in Northern MI this summer, I was going on a little memmory lane kinda ride where my parents and I sayed years ago at a resort that is now engulfed by developement of condos and a luxury golf course. I'm driving down this big hill and showing the kids where I tobogganed like 40 years earlier, covered in dried up ferns and tall weeds and all of a sudden there is this narrow little dirt trail. So............duh... I follow it down and around this small pothole and when I bust out of the brush............ I'm sitting on the fairway of the golf course next to this giant fountain and landscaped waterfall thing. I look down the fairway and there are some guys with as couple carts looking at me like I'm friggin nutz!! OOps! My kids are cracking up and I'm gently turning around to skeedaddle before the Sheriff Department gets a call.
Pics would have been AWESOME!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 AM

That almost sounds like a scene out of that Michael Douglas movie Falling Down[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 10-21-2007, 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

That almost sounds like a scene out of that Michael Douglas movie Falling Down[sm=shootshoot.gif]
That's what I was thinking.....[sm=exactly.gif]That was a great movie..."I'M JUST TRYING TO GET HOME" great line.....Almost Arne like.....LOL

Old 10-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

I am glad everybody had a laugh on me. Kids won't let me live that one down!!!!! Hey DAD, can we go on the golf course......?? .....darn near every time we go past one. [&:]

Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 AM

I am glad everybody had a laugh on me. Kids won't let me live that one down!!!!! Hey DAD, can we go on the golf course......?? .....darn near every time we go past one. [&:]

Name:  cryingwlaughter.gif
Views: 15
Size:  8.0 KBName:  cryingwlaughter.gif
Views: 15
Size:  8.0 KB

Attached Images
File Type: gif
cryingwlaughter.gif (8.0 KB, 27 views)

Quick Reply: I raced a car and they didn't win