PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Default Pompous Prius Peons ...

... playing their tiny little roles as "good consumers."

Wanted to share this b/c I know I'll find sympathetic ears. No sooner had I parked my H3T at a conference I attended last weekend than I was accosted by a colleague all too willing to tell me his Prius was "where it's at" and ask me such asinine questions as "how can you afford to run that thing" blah blah blah. Never mind that I did nothing to advertise the fact that I own and drive my T or that I was interested in talking about it.

Something about driving one of those POS battery mobiles that a) compels their drivers to tell everyone about it and b) lends some ill justified sense of superiority.

Never mind that the T, while not the most efficient in the class, does compare to other trucks in terms of efficiency.

Whatever ... like all other prejudices, it's irrational.

But still annoying as all hell.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM

If looks could kill I would have been dead the first day I got my H2.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM

We just bought our H3 and it's amazing how many people think your rolling in cash. Don't people know they aren't that expensive and only another SUV? However, I love driving it and it's a great vehicle so far. I am tall and so are our kids so it fits us perfect. If anyone tries to flip me off or give me ****, it will end quickly haha.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

I just haven't had any issues in a long, long time. People know better.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM

There are several new vehicles on the market that have the boxey HUMMER look. I think anyone who complains about any HUMMER really wishes they had one.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by no more jeeps
there are several new vehicles on the market that have the boxey hummer look. I think anyone who complains about any hummer really wishes they had one.

+1000000000000

Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by No more Jeeps
I think anyone who complains about any HUMMER really wishes they had one.
I don't agree. I get pissed when I see a Prius or a Smart Car.

I don't want one of those.

I don't even want one of those on the same road as I am on.
I was stuck behind on of those Smart Cars last week going down Hwy 24 coming out of Leadville. I guess that was because there was a big bike race in town. I would have loved to have seen a Smart Car take the road between Leadville and Alma.
Even going downhill the Smart Car couldn't do the speed limit.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM

i had a hater yelling something out of her window on the highway!! my truck gets about the same gas mileage as my car...i just like rare impractical toys...she should put 20% of that negative energy into oil spill reform or something.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 PM

To me there is nothing more amusing that makes my entire day Having some A-Hole pull up next to me at a red lite in the morn. on the way to work. right away i get the dirty sarcastic look from the creep who is overwelmed with joy from his or her new ride, usually a Toyota Rav 4, Honda Pilot, Prius or some other piece of **** they just bought because their Husbands/wives / inlaws highly recommended it to them. as the light changes, they usually floor it then cut in front of me to signal their superiority. Why is is that in the usual snow storm they are the first to hit the ditch? usually its the women in her Jeep liberty to make the ditch first. Personally, i love the Hate!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM

I see them in the ditch i just roll my window down and laugh as I go by them!!

Quick Reply: Hummers still causing anger