PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 AM

Mostly highway. City is closer to 15 MPG. Also depends on where we purchase gas. Reformulated Shell type brands seem to burn quicker with less milage, while standard low octain from a quicky station gives us better milage.

After mods, I was sure we would show a drop in milage, quite the opposite. I guess better air flow makes a serious difference.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM

i cant believe people are stupid enough to be hating on H3's.. maybe i can see a H3 alpha, but normal H3s?????

I personally dont like them. very plain interior, and weak engine..thats why i bought a 03 H2..

anyways, i havent gotten any hate directed my way. If i ever do tho, i would prolly just laugh at the person and maybe stomp the gas pedal a little harder just to rub it in.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ukpaul
Happened to my Wife and little boy couple of months ago.
She was just waiting at a red light coming out of the mall minding her own business when a guy in a beaten up POS was coming the other way. He stopped next to my wife and proceeded to hurl abuse at the top of his voice shouting, "Get that piece of f1*^?+g s!*t off the road", and then waved his hand out the window giving her the finger.
My little one(who's 5 yr old) wondered what was going on !
Glad it's not just us who's had it! We were getting a complex.
Sounds like some of the dummies I see around these parts. Of course I get a lot more compliments than hate, but the hate just seems to be funny after a while.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Knowledge is power. People who lip off with that mileage crap got neither.

The bad rap started when the H1 civilianized version of the military vehicle was released. Military vehicles, and the H1 were not designed for high mileage.... doh?

The H2 fares as well as most full sized Pickups, SUVs and Vans, it just has the idiotic stigma morons have attaced to it.

As for the "weak engine" in a 3, I can toast H2s all day every day, they are slow, just like the rest of them. Only takes 3 mods. They do make Alphas too.

I get 17.5 MPG all the time, and with the family and a week's worth of stuff, I once dot 19.1 MPG, all Eway at no faster than 75mph, easy on the ramps. Ask the guys driving the Hemi powered Jeeps what they are getting, about what the H2 does and the H2 is a much better and more capable vehicle.

BTW I am moving this thread to General Hummer Talk for everybody to get a crack at it.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM

i dont plan on doing any quater mile races in my H2, but it will move when i want it to.. no matter what i am hualing or not. granted, its not the prettiest thing to stomp the gas and watch the instant MPG drop to 1 MPG when i do that.

the 5 cyl in the H3 does get up and make the H3 move, but i feel it lacks the power a V8 can provide. thats all. hence, the alpha..

i never drove the alpha, but i imagine i would like it alot assuming they did something about the interior. honestly, i drove the H3 first, wasnt too impressed. mainly with the interior. it was just too bland.
then i drove a H2 and was in love.

if they had done the interior of the H3 like a H2, i would have bought a H3. even with the 5 cyl. same console area, same shifter.. just basiclly a H2 shrunk down.

one of the best things i have been lovign about the H2 tho.. cornering...
with the weight, this thing just stays glued tot he road.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM

I also fell in love with the H2, just couldn't afford it , but the H3 doesn't seem like a far off drop. I actually like it a little smaller in some instances. The interior I was fine with, I am not a big guy for all those gadgets (although a little more space would be nice).

Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM

I first bought an H3 and loved the Hummer brand so much I supersized to an H2 SUT. Love it!!

These environmentalist liberals are uninformed and ignorant. Human caused global warming is a farce. Our sun has always gone through sun-spot activity cycles that have a direct tie to global temperature. However, if you want federal funding, become a global warming alarmist. Speaking of federal waste, has anyone looked into what is in the Public Land Management Act of 2009 that our president just signed? According to a goverment web site it provides funding for, among other things, ocean exploration, NOAA undersea research, ocean and coastal mapping integration, the integrated coastal and ocean observation system, and federal ocean acidification research and monitoring. Billions of dollars of PORK! Maybe they are looking for the Little Mermaid.... You will not see these facts listed in the liberal media.

Sorry, I got off topic a bit...

Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by tfhagen
I first bought an H3 and loved the Hummer brand so much I supersized to an H2 SUT. Love it!!

These environmentalist liberals are uninformed and ignorant. Human caused global warming is a farce. Our sun has always gone through sun-spot activity cycles that have a direct tie to global temperature. However, if you want federal funding, become a global warming alarmist. Speaking of federal waste, has anyone looked into what is in the Public Land Management Act of 2009 that our president just signed? According to a goverment web site it provides funding for, among other things, ocean exploration, NOAA undersea research, ocean and coastal mapping integration, the integrated coastal and ocean observation system, and federal ocean acidification research and monitoring. Billions of dollars of PORK! Maybe they are looking for the Little Mermaid.... You will not see these facts listed in the liberal media.

Sorry, I got off topic a bit...
Unfortunately there are a lot of dumb people in this world. I drove by several V-8 Hemi Jeep Commanders on the way home from work today. Nobody seems to have a problem with those vehicles.

If they don't like my Hummer - Tough S - H - I - T

Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM

i get dirty looks all the time in my h3....ive had ppl shout out "gas guzzler" to me and i just laugh.....my gf's 06 4wd f150 with the 5.4 gets 12mpg....on the damn freeway...atleast my 5spd h3 gets almost 18mpg....

Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM

I had several hundred comments on my truck, 3 were negative.

Some dude in a X5 giving me the finger, some lady calling me an ******* and.. hmm.. I forget the last dude.

My h1 runs on biodiesel and smells like french fries half the time so half the comments are related to that.

Never had anyone to have the ***** to get in my face about it. It gets the same mileage as my old jeep and ford so whatever.

Quick Reply: Hummers still causing anger