PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer roof scratched down to bare metal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Default Hummer roof scratched down to bare metal

I bought a 17000 mile used 07 H3 Lux from a localdealer, Pattersons in Wichita Falls TX. The H3 was a lease bought in Denver at an auction. No Hummer dealer here in the sticks. Sun roof was jammed, so I took it back for them to fix it. Also had a trailer package added. Roof was perfect. Today, my wife noticed a 10 inch scratch down to bare metal on the roof 1 foot from the sunroof. There are also dings up and down the roof as if someone had walked on the roof! I took it back again. My salesman said he didn't know if they would fix it!! To say I am pissed is an under statement. I could write new chapters for the DSMIV. The used car manager showed me his driver, a 07 H3. He pointed out his had a scratch, and also had dings on the roof. I asked him if they were special order options for Hummers?? He finally said they would fix the problems. Oh yeah, they gave me a Kugo loaner. A KIA/Korean Yugo...

This is the last vehical for me from them. Herb Easly Chev should be able to work on the H3, right?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Default RE: Hummer roof scratched down to bare metal

hopefully they can work on it....I just went through the same experience with a Chevy dealer and after they couldn't fix the problem, they washed their hands of the deal and said to go back to Hummer.....

Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

I must be incredibly lucky. As many cars as I have had and currently have and I haven't been through this type of $hit but once in my life.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM

werd. I have owned probably 50 vehicles over the last 20 years with only one lemon. Even it wasn't a vehicle I would have expected the trouble from. E46 M3.

Good luck with the dealer. I'm glad they are taking responsibility for their negligence.

-Greg

Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jpog

werd. I have owned probably 50 vehicles over the last 20 years with only one lemon. Even it wasn't a vehicle I would have expected the trouble from. E46 M3.

Good luck with the dealer. I'm glad they are taking responsibility for their negligence.

-Greg
actually I miss my E46 (only a 325xi however), part of the reason I decided to try a Hummer was because the BMW styling on that line changed to my dislike

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 PM

I'm not crazy about it either. Bet the dealers don't walk on the roofs of those, though. Leicajh, I think you should negotiate a Gobi to cover any remaining imperfections their repairs might leave behind... Hey, it's worth a shot!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 AM

Good chance that the damage came from the sunroof repair, but some dents in the H3 roof are standard equipment (search roof dent).

I bought my K5 from Pattersons years ago and when I went back the next day because the dash lights didn't work they reminded me that I bought a used vehicle, but they would be happy to fix it.... and charge me for it. [:@]

Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 PM

They did remind me it was used. They made a half a--sed attempt on fixing the paint. I used to paint model airplanes better when I was a kid. Screw it, the roof rack will be here next week along with the brush mount, rear tail light protectors, and the bumper mounted winch. Can't recommend Pattersons in Wichita Falls anymore. I used to tell G.I.'s from the Air Force Base to buy there. Bad thing is, my 85 year old mom just bought a new 6.0 G.T.O. there last month.