PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer Hating Neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Default RE: Hummer Hating Neighbors?

Whats that guys name....Jeff Dunham.com, he said he drives a H1 and the wife a blue prius. Yeah only haters here too in Georgia, we dont even have vehicle inspections so nobody here really cares about the enviroment.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: SculptorMJM

#1. There is nothing wrong with a Prius. They get great gas mileage and are technologically advanced cars if that's what you want.
#2. No one here bought a Hummer because they hate the enviornment. The H3 can get close to 20 mpg. There are over 50 trucks, SUVs and cars that get worse mileage driving right now in the US today.
#3. If you do hate the enviornment show it some other way. People like Wannabe are the ones giving Hummers and Hummer drivers bad names.

Thanks

Honestly, if they dont like it, its fine by me. I never said i hated the environemnt, but people who are obsessed about it and hate a Hummer are stupid. Thats what would make me happy, seeing them pissed off at my huge truck. Because i dont particularily like those types of people.

BTW i dont have a Hummer, but they hate on my midsize all the time :/

Oh and omg, they COMPLAINED? How desperate do you have to be!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Humor fellas, debate, and opinions, let's not digress from there!

I'm NE of Detroit, Hummers are all over, there are four on my street, and probably 20 more in the rest of the sub. Detroit loves hummers, jap crap is a different story!!!!

BTW my neighbor 3 doors to the north has a prius, there may be one other one on the entire pointe. The dude has got a loose wire though, never see him unless he is cutting lawn, and he doesn't talk with anybody, not even a waive or hello?

I was contemplating a Jeep Commander with a Hemi, but the mpg sucked so bad I decided the Hummer is the way to go.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:25 PM

I live about 25 mins north of Columbus. It's kind of hit and miss around here. Most of the attitude around here is just because of the "prestige" of a HUMMER. The"old establishment" in town drivealot of F250 and 3500 Dodge's because of the outlying farms so it's not like they are overly concerned with MPG. We have a big movement of people from Columbus over the last 10 yrs or so and things are slowly updating because of it, there is an H2 and an H3 besides ours in my neighborhood.
They just don't like alot of change, "if you want a 4x4 for fun, get a jeep". Being from here I bought into it and had an 85 CJ7 and I had alot of fun with it, but I have to tell you that my H3 has surpassed anything that I have had before. I don't like the people that drive Hummers, FJ's, Mercedes, Porshe, anything and think they are Bob Bitchin because of thier car.
I always tell the haters to go read up on it before talking to me, they usually don't come back.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

Yep.... my neighbor hates them.....

Who's neighborhood are you out taking pictures in? There is no way yours is that clean white one.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM

#1. There is nothing wrong with a Prius.

Thanks

Except they are the UGLIEST car ever made. (And yes that includes the Gremlin and Pacer)

Old 12-08-2007, 05:06 PM

I don't know 2Z, my son wanted a YARUS. That thing is pretty damned ugly. I told him over my dead body would that sit in my driveway!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Yarus has cool commercials though.... where the gas spiders come out....

Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Even if it really had those spiders I wouldnt consider that car

Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 2zRescue

There is nothing wrong with a Prius.

Thanks

Except they are the UGLIEST car ever made. (And yes that includes the Gremlin and Pacer)
Hey! I used to have a Gremlin. Black with a cool orange Starsky and Hutch stripe! Then again that was 1973. Maybe that's why I don't mind the Prius.... I'm 70s challenged....

Quick Reply: Hummer Hating Neighbors?