PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H2 crank but not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Default Hummer H2 crank but not start

Suddenly the hummer wont want to start
The starter is good . The engine crank but wont start
Sometime seems like is going to start but it stalk

The passlock is not blinking. Steady while key goes on the off while trying to start then on again once key turn to on possition without engine running
I checked and switch the relays . No luck

Did a manual test on the gas pressure
With key on . Removed the cap . Press the valve and there was gas but the pressure was mimimal . Almost none ..the gas drip down without any pressure.
I will get a fuel gauge tester to be sure
But could be a faulty pump or is there an specific relay for the gas pump

Thanks

Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM

tested with pressure gauge and reading was 0 psi ... I check a couple relays associated with the fuel system but Im not sure if missed something .
I would like to be 100% sure before pull the fuel tank down to replace the fuel pump

Anyone knows how to test if the pump is receiving power

Thank you

Old 04-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Default Did you use starter fluid

Hi.... Did you check that you are getting spark by having someone spin it over and spraying starter fluid into the intake? If you remove the Air Filter... have someone spin it over... and give it a 1-2 second squirt of starter fluid... and it kicks over or wants to come to life...then chances are compression and electrical are good. That may be a good way to point the finger to Fuel pressure.

Colby

Old 04-22-2019, 04:50 PM

Hi Colby .. I was going to do that if the preasure were good . But after testing and reading 0 psi in the fuel . I dont think is necessary.
For sure the problem is the pump went bad or not receiving power
Which Im not sure how to test
I guess removing the tank and replacing the pump will be the best shot

Last edited by H2Miami; 04-22-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:54 AM
Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 AM

It's an easy check. Quick test; stand outside your truck and turn the ignition to On and listen for a 2 second wine of the pump under the truck near driver side rear seat area. If you hear nothing, you do know there is an issue somewhere with the fuel pump.

Next, reach on top of the fuel pump and pull the fuel pump harness. With your multi-meter connected, have someone do the same test by key in the ignition and rotated to the On position. You should see 12v for about 2 seconds. If not, you know you have a circuit issue. If so, you know you have a fuel pump issue.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by clsimmon
It's an easy check. Quick test; stand outside your truck and turn the ignition to On and listen for a 2 second wine of the pump under the truck near driver side rear seat area. If you hear nothing, you do know there is an issue somewhere with the fuel pump.

Next, reach on top of the fuel pump and pull the fuel pump harness. With your multi-meter connected, have someone do the same test by key in the ignition and rotated to the On position. You should see 12v for about 2 seconds. If not, you know you have a circuit issue. If so, you know you have a fuel pump issue.

Thank you . Very good info
I know the pump is not working . No preassure. The relay click when switch is on
However like you said it would be a good idea to check the pump connections . I will give a check before taking the tank down
Thanks