PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer day

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Default RE: Hummer day

Well, I don't know if there is a size limit or not, so I took some pics on the smallest setting my cam will take. Here are a few for starters. Wish I had the side decals on for it's big debut. Oh well, all in good time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/821/469B0B26C7724C52A0996C4EF2A89F6B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/821/3C69FC8D6DFF4792B13005670847DB36.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/821/6D8388BCDF4943D398146E93E6696871.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2006, 03:54 AM

I noticed my wheels have a silver colored "hummer" tab on the hub section, vs the black ones I'm used to seeing. Like I mentioned, I liked the pin stripe, that was unexpected. And another funny notable.. I live out of town, on my father in laws ranch, and when I look at the nav screen, it's just black with the little pointer sitting there all alone.. LOL. Of course zooming out a few frames will finally start to show some roads. I'll give the nav a good work out on the way to the beach tomorrow.

Ok, so who knows how to bypass the feature that won't let you watch the dvd while you're driving, on the nav radio? The saleswoman said it could be easly done, but that they were not supposed to tell people that. EDIT: Hmm... I'm not seeing anywhere that it says it's a dvd player. So, I try a dvd and it didn't work. I'm guessing this thing isn't a dvd player.. lol. I wonder what that woman is smoking?

I'd also like to see about bypassing only being able to use the rear locker in 4 lo. That may be a little harder since it disengauges after 20 mph.

Well, the wife is pretty stoked.. so mission accomplished.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:00 AM

You cant watch a dvd up front. There is no way to bypass that. That isnt reading the dvd format your videos are in its looking for you nav discs format whatever that is. You can install a GM NAV adapter made from PAC which will allow you for 2 inputs. One is for a backup camera and the other you can use for a dvd player. This will play dvds on the screen by interrupting the nav signal when you shift the car into reverse or turn on the dvd player. And what are you doing that you need to lockup at above 20mph anyway? Anyway these trucks have some bad *** single wheel traction control. If your trying to fly threw the mud you dont have to worry about that one wheel spinning in the back and one in the front stuff. The locker is in there for more of the slow moving rockcrawling kind of stuff. Even then i've had my truck with 2 wheels in the air and no locker and the tcs just stops em and you move.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:06 AM

navigation will only show local roads when your zoomed in at like 1/4 or more or something like that. If you zoom out it just shows interstates and main highways.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:33 PM

Fireman,
All the best to you & family with your new H3, it is sweet getting to know it.

I added a locking gas cap, couldn't believe it didn't come with the package, but still love the hummer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/720/CF70509AA4264F3F90F912A75776B77C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2006, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: auria

Fireman,

I added a locking gas cap, couldn't believe it didn't come with the package, but still love the hummer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/720/CF70509AA4264F3F90F912A75776B77C.jpg[/IMG]

becarefull of the locking gas cap i bought one and the truck ran like **** there not vented right

Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

And what are you doing that you need to lockup at above 20mph anyway? Anyway these trucks have some bad *** single wheel traction control. If your trying to fly threw the mud you dont have to worry about that one wheel spinning in the back and one in the front stuff. The locker is in there for more of the slow moving rockcrawling kind of stuff. Even then i've had my truck with 2 wheels in the air and no locker and the tcs just stops em and you move.
I'm well aware of the use of lockers. My trail rig has front and rear detroit lockers, that are operational in low and high. Actually the rear is always locked as long as there is throttle input, so even in 2wd it's locked. I have my own reasons for wanting a locker in either hi or low, and it's probably more of a prefference thing, so I won't bother to get into it. But, thanks for the input. It's no different than the Jeep guys swapping the wires & switchs around, to run their F/R lockers in high as well as low.

navigation will only show local roads when your zoomed in at like 1/4 or more or something like that. If you zoom out it just shows interstates and main highways.
Yes, but when there are no raods, like at my place ... theres nothing to see. Not unless you're really zoomed out. The public road ends miles from my house, so it doesn't show the road up to my house because it's a private road, and dirt. Hence the black screen with marker on it.

--------------------

The coast was great.. the little H3 was pretty fun to drive there and back, and we really enjoyed some drives on the beach in it. We killed a million butterflies on the trip with the front end.. LOL (what a mess) and of course it's splattered with sand from the beach. Guess it will take a little while to clean it back up. I thought the power was fine out on the interstate. It's no corvette, but I didn't have any trouble getting up to speed with the me the wife and two kiddos w/ luggage in it. Anyway, it's good to be home, even though the trip was fun. Heres a pic of it on the beach.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: auria

Fireman,

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes with the H3. I think it will make a fine addition to the family. I did miss a little of the extra space that our Tahoe has, but will say that the H3 is much more fun to drive. The nav came in real handy for some of the sight seeing we did too.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:26 AM

WOW i never noticed how high the antenna was until i seen you picture. Its like a foot above the roof.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

WOW i never noticed how high the antenna was until i seen you picture. Its like a foot above the roof.
Yeah, and it gets in the way when you're trying to clean the windshield at the gas station. [] It's in the perfect position to let the handle of the squeegee hit it and screw you all up. [&:]

Might be time for a shorty.