PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer day

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Default Hummer day

Well, our ditzy saleswoman called. The H3 should arrive sometime around 2:00pm. We are supposed to go do the paperwork etc, and pick it up at 6:00. Our little girls are not sure they want to give up "thier" Tahoe. It's funny how little ones get attached to things like that. But, I'll make it up to them with dvd player and screens in the back seats. They got used to having their own music for the rear seats in the Tahoe, and so did mom and I. It's much nicer to have them listing to that, than fighting or picking at eachother. So, I will be looking into getting some players back there. I guess with the sunroof, we'll have to go with something that goes into the headrests, or I have seen the kind that mount to the posts that hold the headrests. I'll have to see what's out there.

I'll post a pic of the H3 if I have time. But, we'll be leaving for the beach tomorow, so it may have to wait until friday. Besides.. LOL, y'all know what they look like.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Default RE: Hummer day

ebay has them cheap and easy to hook up they can listen to cds watch movies and mp3 in one screen you need to get the right one because some of them have only one dvd player and both kids will have to listen or watch one this way they can do their own thing very easy to hook up and run the power cord to your seats if you got power seats.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:59 PM

i could not find the ones on ebay but if you keep looking they will come back on go to my cardomain and look at mine thats the type you want everything in each headrest plus you can hook up games to them to like xbox etc.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM

congrats on the new ride! the waiting sucks, doesn't it?!?!

Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ebay has them cheap and easy to hook up they can listen to cds watch movies and mp3 in one screen you need to get the right one because some of them have only one dvd player and both kids will have to listen or watch one this way they can do their own thing very easy to hook up and run the power cord to your seats if you got power seats.
Cool beans... I'll have to check into them and see what I want to do. I looked at yours, they look great in there. Do you mind if I ask what you paid, or at least a range? I've never looked into these before, so I'm totally new to them. Also, our H3 won't have power seats.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

congrats on the new ride! the waiting sucks, doesn't it?!?!
Thanks! The wait sucked a little, not too bad. I guess i'm ready to get it done though.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:21 PM

I got them brand new for $500 factory want $2200.
and guess what they came from the factory that what the lable said i do not know nothing

Old 07-18-2006, 10:54 PM

Well, we picked it up a little while ago. It's a pretty sweet little ride. My wife was going to pick up something to eat on the way home, so I'm going to try and snap a pic of it if there is enough light out, once she gets back.

As far as the alarm goes, it looks pretty much plain Jane.. typical aftermarket alarm. Nothing special about it. I guess the factory security doesn't protect glass etc, so this one does. The usual shock sensors and whatnot. It did have a small pin stripe w/ a little H3 logo near the rear that i wasn't expecting. Looks nice. I got them to throw in the side decals that go along the bottom of the doors.. but they wanted to charge me to put them on.. so I'll just do it myself.

I like the nav radio.. I would imagine it's worth the extra, and probably only helps any resale value. My over all first impression is a great one. I'm looking forward to getting to know the little H3.

dilo, thanks for the info on the dvd stuff. I'm going to be on the lookout for something real soon. [8D]

Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Congratulations on your new ride!!....You'll have a blast cruising in it. I have a DVD player in mine....screens mounted on the back of the headrests. My family loves that feature! Good luck and have fun! Looking forward to pics...

Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Congrats Bro, good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Hummer day