PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer brand may be discontinued!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Default RE: Hummer brand may be discontinued!

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

HELP!!! An American Icon being made by 7-11 clerks! That's just WRONG!
VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][:@]

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM

I know I am crazy but I just put the Vortec 6000 in my H3 from an H2. I'm getting it back this weekend and can't wait. I love my Hummer and I will keep driving it no matter what gas costs. I feel safe in it, it's a friggin mini tank. I traded my Honda Civic Hybrid for it last Sept and don't regret it. Sure I miss filling up for $32 and going 400 miles but until everyone else is driving a small car you will never catch me in a death trap again. That civic was a real peace of s**t and I bought it brand new, I hope I'm not offending anyone but 98 hp just doesn't cut it. Yes, it hurt to spend over 10k when gas prices are going up but I usualy trade in my cars every year because I get sick of them. But not my H3, it now has ***** and it will be much more fun than ever to drive, I just need to take it easy on the pedal. And yes, if I traded it in again I would have lost many more $$$ or put some more $$$ into it and have one bad *** ride. My conversion has all GM parts but the motor mounts. And when I save a few more pennies, it is getting the LS7. Anyway, I can't wait, it's been gone for a month now and I really miss that sweet beast!!! I will let you know how it drives when I get it back if anyone really cares.

And please people, enjoy your Hummers everyday!!! When the time comes we will all get a smart car NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds cool. Posts pics when you get it.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM

WOW!! That's COOL!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

video is better than pics

Old 06-13-2008, 02:06 AM

You're the one who asked for PICS.......

Old 06-13-2008, 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: hummer3

I know I am crazy but I just put the Vortec 6000 in my H3 from an H2. I'm getting it back this weekend and can't wait. I love my Hummer and I will keep driving it no matter what gas costs. I feel safe in it, it's a friggin mini tank. I traded my Honda Civic Hybrid for it last Sept and don't regret it. Sure I miss filling up for $32 and going 400 miles but until everyone else is driving a small car you will never catch me in a death trap again. That civic was a real peace of s**t and I bought it brand new, I hope I'm not offending anyone but 98 hp just doesn't cut it. Yes, it hurt to spend over 10k when gas prices are going up but I usualy trade in my cars every year because I get sick of them. But not my H3, it now has ***** and it will be much more fun than ever to drive, I just need to take it easy on the pedal. And yes, if I traded it in again I would have lost many more $$$ or put some more $$$ into it and have one bad *** ride. My conversion has all GM parts but the motor mounts. And when I save a few more pennies, it is getting the LS7. Anyway, I can't wait, it's been gone for a month now and I really miss that sweet beast!!! I will let you know how it drives when I get it back if anyone really cares.

And please people, enjoy your Hummers everyday!!! When the time comes we will all get a smart car NOT!!!!!!!!!!
I think some have misplaced faith in the safety of their H3 when it comes to crashes. Hummer is at the bottom of the pile of SUV crash test. Actually a Nissan Morano is far safer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/au...es/02MOTO.html

I bought it for looks and snow days.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

That was the H3 wasn't it? I was in two wrecks in my H2 and my vehicle suffered no damage. Both of the other cars suffered severe damage.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

That was the H3 wasn't it? I was in two wrecks in my H2 and my vehicle suffered no damage. Both of the other cars suffered severe damage.
Yup, it's the H3. The H3 is basically a Colorado pick-up truckplatform that's been re-skinned. I guess some H3 owners think all Hummers are as strong as the H1 & H2.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM

The H3has a welded ladder frame. Only the middle section of the H3's frame is shared with the Colorado; the rest is welded and stamped into a beefier configuration with two extra crossmembers. Hardly the same as a Colorado.

Quick Reply: Hummer brand may be discontinued!