PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer brand may be discontinued!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Default RE: Hummer brand may be discontinued!

No, I'm not rich, but I remember the panic in the 70s and early 80s. Prices will settle down, probably in the $3.50-$4.50 range. I can live with my big vehicles if I make a few changes in other parts of my life. My Duramax just ate $150 worth of LSD today, I'm not happy about it, but I need it.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed. Write your Congressmen. Tell them to let us drill for OUR oil off the coasts. If China and Cuba can drill for oil off of our coasts why can't American companies?

Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM

Snowe and Collins? The two biggest RINOs in the senate? I write them frequently. Collins has always voted against opening ANWR, and she represents a state the needs lots ofheating oil, what a hypocrite! Our governor is friends with Chavez, we get heating oil for low incomes folks directly from our friends in Venezuela! You're right, we all need to vote and get some smarter people to represent us.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Preach to everyone you know. Those idiots need to feel it at the ballot box or they ignore it.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:01 PM

HELP!!! An American Icon being made by 7-11 clerks! That's just WRONG!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

You got that right

Old 06-08-2008, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Agreed. Write your Congressmen. Tell them to let us drill for OUR oil off the coasts. If China and Cuba can drill for oil off of our coasts why can't American companies?
I hate to say this but that just don’t work! Several years ago when all this fuel B/S started I was driving my Ford Powerstroke and diesel fuel was really starting to go up I contacted my Congressmen and Senators, one being Sen. Hillary Clinton (D. NY) and they really didn’t give a damn. I told all my friends and fellow truckers, I even posted on the diesel sites for people to contact their representatives and gave them this link. http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
But people are just too damn lazy! Or figure that it just doesn’t matter. I made a PITA of myself because I sent e-mails, wrote letters and made phone calls but until everyone in this country makes some noise nothing is going to be done !
There’s lots of oil. Refineries are full, ships are full and waiting to be off loaded, they’re just not producing gas or diesel because they are waiting for a major hurricane so they can raise the prices again. We need more refineries in this country to produce fuel with the oil from Alaska and off the coast of Florida.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:49 PM

More blah, blah, blah from corporate GM...

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives...rom_hum_1.html

Old 06-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I saw that before. Sounds like they made their own argument to keep and expand the brand. Alphadog that was only part of my post. I also said make them feel it at the ballot box. That is all that is important to them. Vote their sorry asses out of office.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:04 AM

Hey 3, the only problem is they keep getting re-elected or run for president! [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Quick Reply: Hummer brand may be discontinued!