PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How many active members in H3 section?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Would we be in trouble for necro bumping a couple old post, AR15? Lol. I noticed that most of posts I searched for the answers to my questions was few years old. Several years ago, I was member on F150 4x4 forum. A lot of members was pretty cool and helpful, didn't bitch me out for asking questions that was year old. They just pointed me the direction where others been talking about it and suggested me try this and that. Now.... Beside waiting on new shocks, trail duty bump stop, wheel hub with abs sensor, and ball joint to come in. I'm looking at cracked\chipped bare spare rim sitting on back of H3. I have 5th brand new tire waiting in my garage. Been trying to find replacement from private party locally. Might have to try farther search rather than ordering one for more than $100 plus shipping. I found guy here in my town selling 4 H3 rims for $240. I'd say it's damn good deal but I only need one. I'd buy all 4 but my budget is little tight right now. Oh well...

Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 PM

Far from a me to bump. I haven't been on much lately and before there may only be a coupe new posts per day. Now I'm seeing a lot. You and I have the same truck with the same miles. I am putting TONS of miles on mine tho. Hoping to buy an Elio when they come out next year just commute. 150 miles round trip per day. I would love to just drive my hummer on the weekends.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:45 PM

I've learned a lot from this site and have done repairs and maintenance on my H3 that I might not have attempted without it. The write ups and pics/videos are awesome.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:26 PM

I'm new, reading posts every 2-3 days... Being a member here has helped me a lot, many guys around have answered some of my questions, I find this forum really helpful, plus, making new friends is cool.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:56 PM

I'm probably the oldest member at 73 on this forum. Most of the time I lurk as I can't contribute anything to the discussion.
I have learned some things to apply on my 06 H3 Lux that we have had for a year now.
I look about every other day to see what's new.
We are retired but manage an rv park in Arizona in the winter and tow our H3 around the country for 6 months of the year. Can't even tell it's behind our bus even tho it weighs 5,300 lbs.
Please keep posting and I'll keep learning.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:20 PM

Lurked here for years; just joined recently when I had a big project to do. I was a member of one of other Hummer forums my dad was on too, but never posted. Way more tumbleweeds over there than over here at this point.

We love our '07 Adventure. It's been a really great truck, both for some light off-roading occasionally and as our family DD - especially in inclement weather. We're the second owners and have been driving it since probably '08 and 15k miles. We now have about 62k or 63k miles on it.

It's been totally trouble-free until late last fall when the the radiator developed the typical leak near 60k miles. I replaced it year myself with a DIY I found - probably here. I also recently did front brake pads myself.

Idle was getting a little noisy a month or so ago, so I decided to replace the belt, tensioner, and idler. What a pain in the *** that was. I didn't realize I'd need to remove the lower radiator hose until after I'd ordered the parts, so I decided to to replace the hoses, too. It was a giant pain, and I had to spend some money on tools, and I was a little unhappy about the time and money I spent until I called the stealer to ask what the job would have cost, and it was pushing $1100 with taxes. It's still not as quiet as it used to be, so I'm assuming it's the PS pump since it sounds like passenger side. No biggie, though.

We love the H3 and don't anticipate letting it go anytime soon. There just aren't many other vehicles that would scratch this itch, and the few that do are way more money than I want to spend. The only reason I'd consider letting it go is if I found a really nice low-mileage Alpha to replace it with, but I think they're getting pretty tough to come by. We've thought about an H2 since it would be cool for the third seat and better for towing, but they're just too big for a daily driver. The H3 is just right.

Glad there's still a few of us around.

Cheers,
SC

Old 10-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Our H3 is pushing 120K miles and still going strong.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Newer member.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:14 PM

Long time Member here ... still have my H3. Was gonna sell her but decided not to. She's a keeper ... I complain a lot but I still enjoy Hummer ownership. One thing is for sure people get out of my way

Old 11-09-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
One thing is for sure people get out of my way
yes yes yes!! the best Hummer feature for sure

Quick Reply: How many active members in H3 section?