PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high beams don't work!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Default RE: high beams don't work!

Multifunction switch is working fine. However when I switch to high beams the driving lights go out and the amount of the light in front of the truck has very little or no change in brightness , or the amount of light projected in front of the vehicle . I hope to find a resolution for this soon since a drive a lot on country roads at night. Maybe its just the driving lights and the headlights together are just as bight as the high beams and therefore I'm unable to see a difference between the two. Who knows?

Thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 08h3alpha

Multifunction switch is working fine. However when I switch to high beams the driving lights go out and the amount of the light in front of the truck has very little or no change in brightness , or the amount of light projected in front of the vehicle . I hope to find a resolution for this soon since a drive a lot on country roads at night. Maybe its just the driving lights and the headlights together are just as bight as the high beams and therefore I'm unable to see a difference between the two. Who knows?

Thanks
I noticed the same thing and now pretty much stick to the low beams and driving lights.
Had to check the beam patterns on the garage wall to make sure everything was
working.

I can't find them in the On-Line catalog, but 4WP offers a kit in their hard copy
catalog that will allow for the simultaneous use of , low/high beams and or
driving lights and high beams... I'll dig up the catalog and see if I can find
some part numbers.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM

Have you tried the garage door test like gunner. Pull up to the garage door and cycle through hi/low
to see if theres a change. Turn your driving/fog lights off, might be easier to see a difference with
them off. Off topic, has anyone used the Hid replacement. Don't know if it would be worth it or not.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Gunner, are you talking about the Painless wiring kits for 4 headlight vehicles, and universal kits for auxillary lighting? They have good stuff and easy to install, but they show no specific part for H2s or 3s. [&o]

Link http://www.painlessperformance.com/index.php

Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Aren't the daytime running lights just the high beam bulbs at a reduced wattage? Seems like if the DRL are working then the high beams are too, just not effective or improperly aimed.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM

sorry for my delay in response. I have done the garage test with no response. no click or slight flash while it switches bulbs. The only change is my driving lights go off and that's it. I also got out and checked the headlights and the same bulb appears to be illuminated.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Gunner, are you talking about the Painless wiring kits for 4 headlight vehicles, and universal kits for auxillary lighting? They have good stuff and easy to install, but they show no specific part for H2s or 3s. [&o]

Link http://www.painlessperformance.com/index.php
I found what I was talking about. Since it won't help the situation here and I don't want to jack the man's thread, I'll
post it under another cover.........

Old 11-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Sounds like you need to take this issue to you dealer and show them your trouble with the highbeams When I done the garage test the high beams worked but they still suck.
ORIGINAL: Ripskip

sorry for my delay in response. I have done the garage test with no response. no click or slight flash while it switches bulbs. The only change is my driving lights go off and that's it. I also got out and checked the headlights and the same bulb appears to be illuminated.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 PM

I rarely use High Beam, but tonight I tried them out. I could not see any better with the high beams vs low and driving lights.Could I purchase a different bulb and improve this or would I have to get a harness and modify the factory setup?