PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HID headlights (buy or bust)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Default RE: HID headlights (buy or bust)?

Just in case you wanted to see what the black housings looked like

[IMG]local://upfiles/3014/D90823592FEA4C758685BE4196347557.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: kc4ww

I do not like them but if you do go for it.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...dvantages.html

RICER LIGHTS

I can't imagine why you don't like them
Too bright ?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:06 PM

so does anyone here have a legit pair of hids and did u like them...cuz i kno some ppl dont and i was wondering what brand to get..i like the look of hids..but i dont want to purchase the wrong set and be mad about it..does anyone kno of a good brand? and i heard u can put them in your fog lights too?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: odeh

so does anyone here have a legit pair of hids and did u like them...cuz i kno some ppl dont and i was wondering what brand to get..i like the look of hids..but i dont want to purchase the wrong set and be mad about it..does anyone kno of a good brand? and i heard u can put them in your fog lights too?

Sig Automotive Concepts are the distributors in the US
They are true projection HID lights, legal in all US states, and are true plug and play

Check these links-
Best price,
http://www.TeakaToys.com/Hummer_H3_H...hid-h31001.htm

http://www.starrhid.com/index.asp?Pa...ATS&Category=1

Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM

hey thanks for those sites...now should i buy the whole set or would it be easier for me to just buy the lights?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: odeh

hey thanks for those sites...now should i buy the whole set or would it be easier for me to just buy the lights?
The only legal HID system is the Starr HID lights (from Sig Automotive Systems) bulbs, ignitors, ballast, wiring harness and the housings.
The key here is that this HID light system has the housings.
Those cheaper and illegal HID kits don't even sell the housings. They want you to install the HID bulbs in the factory existing
halogen housing. This causes dazzle and you wont get the light where you want it to go
True projector HID lights NEED the housings to make the whole system work.
I'm just not sure what you mean by "just the lights". You must get the whole system
Brad Gardner at Teaka Toys sold me my SIG system and he can answer any of your questions
I have to tell you that these are the best upgrade to get for the H3, in my opinion
Good Luck

Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Hey CWS, I put a flux capaciter also. The only problem is everytime I hit 88 mph I wind up late for were ever I'm going. It seems to chang the time zone I'm in or something. Does this ever happen to you? lol

Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 PM

So you say this is your first post with 6 post under your name?? anyways if your needing HID lighting your better off going the street legalSIG route for your headlights with the projector housing. I do have plug and play 50w ballast in my fog lights and lower grille lights, since they don't come with projectors. I went with 6000k for the headlights and lower grille lights and 3000k for the fogs.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: kauaiH3_07

wow those look great! where did you buy those from? Yeah.. if they're too bright I would do the same and just drive with the driving lights instead... I dont want to intentionally blind someone on the road, I see silly ricers here with their HID's pointing up blinding people cuz they think is funny... until they kill someone...
Thats actually the reason many assume "HID's" are illegal. The "Ricers" commonly use the headlights from JDM Japan Domestic Market cars which are angled slightly to the left so when used on a US car they are angled toward oncoming traffic.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 PM

I am selling them for 700

Quick Reply: HID headlights (buy or bust)?