PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hi everybody, I just got my H3!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Default RE: Hi everybody, I just got my H3!

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Hopefully one day we can all take some quircky road trip to the middle of nowhere and have some kind of hummer forum desert camp out off road adventure week!

;-)
Sounds good to me!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: CerberusSVT

Like the title says, I just got my H3 because of the great $299 a month lease deal that HUMMER is offering right now! Right now, its nothing special, but I have already started planning to order some stuff to make it "mine". Its an 2006 black base model, so nothing special there I guess, but I still love it!

I do have a couple of questions for you guys if you don't mind:
-what is the best way to have my wheels painted? body shop? powdercoat (can't powdercoat the plastic centercap though because it would melt in the process)? do it myself wheel paint?

-what kind of tool do you use to adjust the torsion bars? I took a look under my truck last night when it was kind of dark, but my only guess was to crank the torsion bars with a wrench?

Thanks guys,
Bo

You can probably Powder coat the rims then Line-ex the Grill, like "Green Lantern" did. You can use truck bed coating on the wheel center piece covers.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

My wife and I have been looking to be the All-Chrome version of this bar for months, but haven't yet. They look convincing as you said, but who knows. We are going to buy one after the Christmas season is over with and we close on our house, maybe. Of course by then I'll be hard at work at my Hooter's Sport Bar in the basement!!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:36 PM

Sorry, I have to post it....

Name:  DSC01398-1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  56.0 KB

Old 08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

That is the look I wanted for mine. That looks completely awsome. I am jeolous of alot of people on here, but then again, my H3 is nothing to be ashamed of ;-)

Old 08-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Riddler; you didn't by any chance take those pics from the Badlands in Attica, IN did you?

Old 08-10-2006, 04:44 PM

Hey Riddler; you didn't by any chance take those pics from the Badlands in Attica, IN did you?

Pismo Beach, CA, during Hummer event.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 PM

my H3 is nothing to be ashamed of ;-)
No, I think your truck is perfect!!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: CerberusSVT

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Congrats on your H3!

There is actually a service on eBay that I see often, where if you send in your original H3 wheels, they will send you back a set of original wheels that have been chromed. The service is $600 I believe, but I have seen H3 wheels on that site for $600 OEM with chrome.

NO NO NO NO do not do that. I did they only last one month before the chrome came off your better off getting factory chrome rims off ebay around $500.
yeah, I never trust stuff like that, usually its crap...

speaking of ebay stuff though, does anybody know anything about Hunter brush guards? The ebay ad was pretty convincing of their quality, but hey, anything for a sale I guess...
what do you guys think: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMME...QQcmdZViewItem
It looks ok the only thing i do not like is the bolts if they rust

Old 08-10-2006, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: The Riddler

Sorry, I have to post it....

Jesus, that thing is perfect in my eyes!! wow, thats all I can say... I'm real jealous of your truck Riddler!

edit: how did you get the grill to be black, did you take it to a body shop? its tough to see from the picture, but is that front grill smooth like the rest of the body paint or rough?

Quick Reply: Hi everybody, I just got my H3!