PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi everybody, I just got my H3!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Default Hi everybody, I just got my H3!

Like the title says, I just got my H3 because of the great $299 a month lease deal that HUMMER is offering right now! Right now, its nothing special, but I have already started planning to order some stuff to make it "mine". Its an 2006 black base model, so nothing special there I guess, but I still love it!

I do have a couple of questions for you guys if you don't mind:
-what is the best way to have my wheels painted? body shop? powdercoat (can't powdercoat the plastic centercap though because it would melt in the process)? do it myself wheel paint?

-what kind of tool do you use to adjust the torsion bars? I took a look under my truck last night when it was kind of dark, but my only guess was to crank the torsion bars with a wrench?

Thanks guys,
Bo

Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Hi everybody, I just got my H3!

congratulations

Old 08-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your H3!

There is actually a service on eBay that I see often, where if you send in your original H3 wheels, they will send you back a set of original wheels that have been chromed. The service is $600 I believe, but I have seen H3 wheels on that site for $600 OEM with chrome.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM

Thanks dilo & HummerGuy,

actually I was going to paint my wheels black, but thank you very much for the insight!

I plan on putting 295/75/16's on the factory wheels after I paint them black (I just ordered the other set of factory rims). puting on a black brushguard, either buy a leveling kit or crank the torsion bars, and maybe paint the front grill black (the large chrome piece in the front, I don't know if you'd call that the grill?)

Old 08-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

I am truely jeolous. I have the only wife in the world that wants chrome everything, and yes, loves football. To most men, I would be worth killing to have her, but, I'm not a big football fan, and I wanted my H3 to be as plain as possible. I even wanted to get the matching RED front end grill, but NOOOOOOOOO, it's chrome chrome chrome, but yes, I must admit I like the look, and love my wife, so I'm kinda stuck

And, yes, I am slowly easing my way into being a real man and watching football. Maybe one day I'll even like beer instead of only mixed drinks. THEN my manhood will be approved by all

what was I saying?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM

hahaha, thats pretty funny stuff Mike... besides, you have one of the best looking h3's on the board... so I don't think there is anything to worry about!

^^this is what I was talking about with the painted front end

Old 08-10-2006, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Congrats on your H3!

There is actually a service on eBay that I see often, where if you send in your original H3 wheels, they will send you back a set of original wheels that have been chromed. The service is $600 I believe, but I have seen H3 wheels on that site for $600 OEM with chrome.

NO NO NO NO do not do that. I did they only last one month before the chrome came off your better off getting factory chrome rims off ebay around $500.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:53 PM

I am truely jeolous. I have the only wife in the world that wants chrome everything, and yes, loves football. To most men, I would be worth killing to have her, ....so I'm kinda stuck
My kind of Woman..If you ever want to trade her in on a new model..let me know

I have the chrome itch too

Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks! and Thanks!

Hopefully one day we can all take some quircky road trip to the middle of nowhere and have some kind of hummer forum desert camp out off road adventure week!

That is, of course, after I get my Airstream trailer ;-)

Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Congrats on your H3!

NO NO NO NO do not do that. I did they only last one month before the chrome came off your better off getting factory chrome rims off ebay around $500.
yeah, I never trust stuff like that, usually its crap...

speaking of ebay stuff though, does anybody know anything about Hunter brush guards? The ebay ad was pretty convincing of their quality, but hey, anything for a sale I guess...
what do you guys think: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMME...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Hi everybody, I just got my H3!