PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
From the center console, yes there is a rubberized liner that hold cups. The rust appears under both the front driver and passenger seats. As for the grill, something is off there. Every time I look at it from the different angles it just doesn't feel right.

I see what you are saying now. The rear of seats. Hmm....Whats your concern on the front of the grill? Is it the grill itself or the entire front end/bumper assembly?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Wheels look like they are from '07 Special Edition.
Aluminum door sills (versus black rubber), navigation and black leather (with cushioned console lid) point to luxury package. The softer black leather of the Lux package tended to look worn out before it's time, even with treatment; shows bad in pictures.
Black grill guard and air suspension could be part of the Adventure package with black roof rails replaced by bright rails, or could have just been added as options.
Separate DVD players were not available until '07 model, earlier models had single DVD player in console.
Brake lights in rear bumper throw me off, but could have been added. I don't think those were added until late '06 and after.
I have no idea what you're talking about the grill, nothing stands out.
Rust on the seat bracket could indicate it was in damp/salty atmosphere, I wouldn't be too concerned.
I read this post through before looking at the vehicle ad, so I thought I was going to see a pure, evil lemon; overall, I don't see anything in the pictures that makes this H2 stand out as trouble.
I'm no expert, but I've taken time to crawl over multiple H2's trying to help other forum members make a good decision, so I like to be thorough.
I used to be wary of higher mileage vehicles, but the H2's are really solid trucks with little long term issues other than the air suspension in older trucks (mines an '07 w/55K and air pulling a trailer and works great so far).
For some reason on mine, all the little switch back-lighting on the steering wheel and dash has decided to start going out--that's more of an irritant than huge concern.
Good luck---

Last edited by twinmill28; 02-14-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the reply. Good eye and read about Lux pkg.

I thought factory headrest DVD's were factory for 2005 and some of early 2006 models. The model used was the INVISION. The 2006 mid and later models saw a change over to a new headrest DVD that featured the Hummer name on the top of the unit.

I thought 2007 saw the DVD player moved to the center console so the driver could control the rear DVD headrest units?? I may have this backwards.

Last edited by savage99ss; 02-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Im going to have to check into that....

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Drew I thought the only way to get black interior was with lux package?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Smile ok guys this should help

Found this on an unnamed Auction Site:

So I stand corrected on the Lux issue..
We need to give credit to the guy who took the time to put this together.

Hummer H2 price

Prices range from $53,855 for the Base Hummer H2 to $56,385 for the Adventure Hummer H2 to $58,095 for the Lux Hummer H2.
  • Hummer H2 Color Choices
You have seven color choices for the Hummer H2: black, birch white, pewter metallic, slate blue metallic, yellow, desert sand metallic, twilight maroon metallic

• Hummer H2 components and features
Engine, transmission, horsepower, torque, drivetrain, traction control system, steering, brakes, front suspension, and frame are exactly the same across all three Hummer H2 models. The only difference is that the Adventure Hummer H2 has the air suspension package as standard for rear suspension while it is an option on the Base and Lux Hummers.
  • Hummer H2 Wheels and Tires
The all-terrain tires and full size spare come standard on all three Hummer H2 options. The only difference is that 17 in. cast aluminum wheels come standard on the Base and Adventure package while springing for the Lux gets you 17 in. chrome cast aluminum wheels.
  • Hummer H2 Interior
Leather-trimmed seats with 8-way power adjustment for front passengers come standard in all three Hummer H2s. The Lux H2 boasts ebony leather-trimmed seats while wheat is standard on the Base and Adventure Hummer packages

3rd row auxiliary seats are standard on the Lux Hummer H2 and options on the Base and Adventure Hummers

The In-dash CD/cassette player with AM/FM stereo with digital clock and TheftLock is standard on the Base Hummer H2 model while the adventure and Lux Hummer H2s come equipped with the In-dash 6-disc CD changer with AM/FM stereo with digital clock and TheftLock.

XM Radio with over 130 stations is an option on the Base and Adventure Hummer H2s and standard on the Lux Hummer H2.

Rear seat DVD entertainment system (in head rests) is an option in the Lux Hummer H2 and not available in the other two H2 models

Custom carpet floor mats are standard in the Lux Hummer H2 and options in the other two Hummers

Rubber mudder floor mats and a first aid and tool kit are standard in the Adventure Hummer H2 and options in the Base and Lux Hummer H2s
  • Hummer H2 Exterior
Sun roof with "express open" and "express close" are options on all three Hummer H2 models.

Black roof rack crossbars and brush grille guard are standard in the Adventure Hummer H2 and options in the other two packages.

Chrome tubular assist steps and the Chromed Appearance package, which includes a brushed aluminum roof rack and chromed door handles are standard in the Lux Hummer H2 and options in the Base and Adventure Hummer H2s.

Additional options in all three Hummer H2 models are the wrap-around brush grille guard, chromed wrap-around brush grille guard, black tail-lamp guards, chromed tail-lamp guards, black tubular assist steps, removeable u-step assist steps, and the uplevel chromed appearance package, which includes fuel filler door, hood handles and hood latches.

Where do you buy a Hummer H2?

After you have a rough idea of the different options that are important to you, I suggest that you head over to your nearest Hummer dealership to test drive a Hummer H2. This is a good opportunity for you to figure out whether the options that sound good on paper are really "must haves" and also you may find that the bright yellow you love on the small Hummer image on the your computer screen looks like one large highlighter with wheels on a life size Hummer H2. Once you have decided on the color, package and options with which you want to equip your Hummer H2, you are ready to buy. Do a search on Hummer H2 on e--- - Hummer H2

Don't forget you Hummer H2 accessories
Now for some Hummer facts so that your new friends will see that not only are you cool but you are smart as well.
History of the Hummer H2

The predecessor to the Hummer as we know it today is the Humvee military vehicle which was used extensively in Desert Store and built by AM General for the US Government. The original Hummer, now known as the H1, was a behemoth of a vehicle with a $100,000 price tag. As you can imagine, although popular with celebrities it didn't make the transition to the masses well at all. In 1999, General Motors (GM) stepped in and bought rights to the Hummer. AM General then developed the Hummer H2 in an astonishing 16 months, which took the military look and feel of the H1 and incorporated the convenience and design features of GM's line of SUVs and trucks. Thus the Hummer H2 was born.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 PM

Awesome read Dr!!!

*Update....held off on the H2. IF anyone finds a nice one, let me know.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 PM

It was late '06 into '07 for the dual headrest DVD players having separate players in each unit. This allows for watching two different movies, playing a movie in one player and watching on both screens, or broadcasting one or the other movie thru the truck's stereo system.
The single DVD player used in '06 was a PIA as it ate up most of the console and you could only watch one movie on both screens.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
Found this on an unnamed Auction Site:

So I stand corrected on the Lux issue..
We need to give credit to the guy who took the time to put this together.

Hummer H2 price

Prices range from $53,855 for the Base Hummer H2 to $56,385 for the Adventure Hummer H2 to $58,095 for the Lux Hummer H2.
  • Hummer H2 Color Choices
You have seven color choices for the Hummer H2: black, birch white, pewter metallic, slate blue metallic, yellow, desert sand metallic, twilight maroon metallic

• Hummer H2 components and features
Engine, transmission, horsepower, torque, drivetrain, traction control system, steering, brakes, front suspension, and frame are exactly the same across all three Hummer H2 models. The only difference is that the Adventure Hummer H2 has the air suspension package as standard for rear suspension while it is an option on the Base and Lux Hummers.
  • Hummer H2 Wheels and Tires
The all-terrain tires and full size spare come standard on all three Hummer H2 options. The only difference is that 17 in. cast aluminum wheels come standard on the Base and Adventure package while springing for the Lux gets you 17 in. chrome cast aluminum wheels.
  • Hummer H2 Interior
Leather-trimmed seats with 8-way power adjustment for front passengers come standard in all three Hummer H2s. The Lux H2 boasts ebony leather-trimmed seats while wheat is standard on the Base and Adventure Hummer packages

3rd row auxiliary seats are standard on the Lux Hummer H2 and options on the Base and Adventure Hummers

The In-dash CD/cassette player with AM/FM stereo with digital clock and TheftLock is standard on the Base Hummer H2 model while the adventure and Lux Hummer H2s come equipped with the In-dash 6-disc CD changer with AM/FM stereo with digital clock and TheftLock.

XM Radio with over 130 stations is an option on the Base and Adventure Hummer H2s and standard on the Lux Hummer H2.

Rear seat DVD entertainment system (in head rests) is an option in the Lux Hummer H2 and not available in the other two H2 models

Custom carpet floor mats are standard in the Lux Hummer H2 and options in the other two Hummers

Rubber mudder floor mats and a first aid and tool kit are standard in the Adventure Hummer H2 and options in the Base and Lux Hummer H2s
  • Hummer H2 Exterior
Sun roof with "express open" and "express close" are options on all three Hummer H2 models.

Black roof rack crossbars and brush grille guard are standard in the Adventure Hummer H2 and options in the other two packages.

Chrome tubular assist steps and the Chromed Appearance package, which includes a brushed aluminum roof rack and chromed door handles are standard in the Lux Hummer H2 and options in the Base and Adventure Hummer H2s.

Additional options in all three Hummer H2 models are the wrap-around brush grille guard, chromed wrap-around brush grille guard, black tail-lamp guards, chromed tail-lamp guards, black tubular assist steps, removeable u-step assist steps, and the uplevel chromed appearance package, which includes fuel filler door, hood handles and hood latches.

Where do you buy a Hummer H2?

After you have a rough idea of the different options that are important to you, I suggest that you head over to your nearest Hummer dealership to test drive a Hummer H2. This is a good opportunity for you to figure out whether the options that sound good on paper are really "must haves" and also you may find that the bright yellow you love on the small Hummer image on the your computer screen looks like one large highlighter with wheels on a life size Hummer H2. Once you have decided on the color, package and options with which you want to equip your Hummer H2, you are ready to buy. Do a search on Hummer H2 on e--- - Hummer H2

Don't forget you Hummer H2 accessories
Now for some Hummer facts so that your new friends will see that not only are you cool but you are smart as well.
History of the Hummer H2

The predecessor to the Hummer as we know it today is the Humvee military vehicle which was used extensively in Desert Store and built by AM General for the US Government. The original Hummer, now known as the H1, was a behemoth of a vehicle with a $100,000 price tag. As you can imagine, although popular with celebrities it didn't make the transition to the masses well at all. In 1999, General Motors (GM) stepped in and bought rights to the Hummer. AM General then developed the Hummer H2 in an astonishing 16 months, which took the military look and feel of the H1 and incorporated the convenience and design features of GM's line of SUVs and trucks. Thus the Hummer H2 was born.
That was great! Thankyou for sharing Drew!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM

Savage, I just sold my 03' (upgraded to the 08' model) about 3 months ago for 19k. I don't know what model you're looking for but mine only had 86k miles, foosh wheels, new tires & immaculate interior & NO scratches on exterior (didn't have the navg. system though) but did have the dvd set up & had NEVER been in the mud or snow (not that we have any here in La.). But I was just gonna give you an idea, you can find an Awesome deal if you wait, DO NOT rush in to anything. You'll find what your looking for & when you do you'll know it. Looks like everyone has gave you some Great advise, just listen to these guys, they KNOW what their talking about (well most of them anyway). Good Luck! jmo

Attached Thumbnails Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy-dsc00452.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 PM

You can buy my lifted H2 that's completely done.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/p...h2-sale-19745/

Quick Reply: Help me out with this H2 Im looking to buy