PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater not blowing (2007 H3)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lostsoul77
Well, upon driving to work today......the blower jumped back on! I felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he discovered how to make fire.... .
That is some funny stuff right there!

Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 AM

Took the truck to the dealer, in which it sat for 2 days before they looked at it. My warranty would only cover the blower motor and not the resistor or harness, the warranty will cover the heater controls (bulbs are burned out and they ordered me a new one). Turns out the harness as melted (orange wire) and I was quoted $400.00 to replace a $48 harness, $41 resistor and 3hrs of labor............YEAH RIGHT!!!! They also said my battery was bad because it had corrosion on the positive terminal and both upper control arms are bad and need replaced at $900.00 (will probably do this myself or find a cheaper place).

I bought a replacement resistor from Advance for $21 bucks and the dealer was nice enough to pull leave the harness disconnected after they pulled the red connector off of the resistor. I left most of the red connector in tact as I couldn't get the pins to pull out; cut off most of the melted part and separated the orange wire from the red plastic harness. So the setup is all wires are in the harness except the orange hot wire, so the harness plugs into place, the orange wire is pushed in separately (hoping it wont melt the white plastic housing on the resistor with the 2 screw holes) and all is working again. The old resistor was actually good but I replaced it anyway. Oh and dealer sent me home with a dead battery, I guess they must've jump started it prior to giving it to me and most likely never disconnected the battery when they were messing with the harness. It went dead and I was parked in the garage facing in and had no way to jumpstart it. Ended up starting my dads van, removing his battery while it was running, placing his battery on my truck, and starting it then putting both back into the vehicles while running.

Now I have a new issue that I'll post in a new thread....thanks for the help as always....love this forum!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:43 PM

not good to pull batt while running.

resistor rarely ever bad.

doubt ANYTHING the dealer says, just dont go there.

you can ez kill the shift lock so you can move without a batt.