PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Vandalism Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawkhummer
Hey No_Fear, my greatest fear when I visit Overland Park is some little rich, granola, dreadlock wearing kid thinking it's his/her duty to save the world and doing something misdirected.
You are right about the area. It's very safe and people are really nice. I worried the most when I went back to visit Lawrence. Too many kids without shoes smelling of patchouli walking around that town these days..my opinion of course
Lol. People here can afford to drive big SUVS in the OP. I especially see alot of Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, and explorers on the roads now days. Even though its not rare in OP to also see treehuggers.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 PM

I am in Perth Western Australia....and there are people here who dont like Hummers....mine has been spat on....had cans thrown at it...and had some type of acidic liquid poured over the spare wheel cover......arseholes are everywhere.
So I went and bought another car and the H3 gets taken out for a drive on special occasions.

I guess some people are jealous....or think I drive a big fuel guzzler.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:36 PM

i have a friend that had gravel and dirt put into his gas tank so he got a locking gas cap, then a couple weeks after someone had put superglue in the key hole... people in DE are environmentalists hummer haters. I have to watch mine constantly wherever i go.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Surfincoastie
i have a friend that had gravel and dirt put into his gas tank so he got a locking gas cap, then a couple weeks after someone had put superglue in the key hole... people in DE are environmentalists hummer haters. I have to watch mine constantly wherever i go.
Yeah same here. Everytime im on break I go out to the parking lot and make sure no one f*cked up my Hummer. I worry everytime I park my H3 in public. Its sad but I guess thats the way it is.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 AM

No problems in Northern NJ, but then again everyone here has at least one SUV in their garage.

Anyone else notice that "all the air" came out of the global warming hysteria thing the moment after our current administration's polit bureau politicos recently sold their shares in the Chicago Climate Exchange to a European investor group?

Old 08-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Well, when I visit OP I stay with family around 151st and Metcalf. Don't hesitate to flag me down if you see me driving around.

To the original post, I do worry a little around here in "Houston." One of the first things I did was install a locking fuel door. I have never actually had an incident in the year and 2 months of ownership. I'd say getting my caps stolen is more of a concern than vandalism.
Locking cap sounds good to me. How about one of those chrome, flush mounted door types?

Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Well, when I visit OP I stay with family around 151st and Metcalf. Don't hesitate to flag me down if you see me driving around.
I dont know if thats a good idea. I'm a MU Tiger fan. Kidding....My gf is a huge Jayhawk fan and we get along ok...except during basketball season.

I roll down Metcalf all the time. If you see a dark blue H3 flagging you down don't be alarmed ;-).

Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Autopilot
I dont know if thats a good idea. I'm a MU Tiger fan. Kidding....My gf is a huge Jayhawk fan and we get along ok...except during basketball season.

I roll down Metcalf all the time. If you see a dark blue H3 flagging you down don't be alarmed ;-).
I think Ive seen your Hummer the other day. Does your H3 have the aftermarket chrome rims? I think ive seen it on Hardy. I live right around that area.

Last edited by No_Fear_H3; 08-09-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by No_Fear_H3
I think Ive seen your Hummer the other day. Does your H3 have the aftermarket chrome rims? I think ive seen it on Hardy. I live right around that area.

No I have stock rims on it. Its dark blue. The previous owner unfortunately put about every piece of aftermarket chrome he could find on it so it is easy to spot. I go to the gym on 75th and Metcalf and my band practices close to 95th and Metcalf 2-3 days a week....so I cruise thru there quite a bit.

Name:  89.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  37.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  64.5 KB

Old 08-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Autopilot
No I have stock rims on it. Its dark blue. The previous owner unfortunately put about every piece of aftermarket chrome he could find on it so it is easy to spot. I go to the gym on 75th and Metcalf and my band practices close to 95th and Metcalf 2-3 days a week....so I cruise thru there quite a bit.

O ok. The H3 I saw was the same color and I drive by it everyday. Nice rig though. Thats alot of chrome lol.