PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Vandalism Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

No problems. maybe the NRA Patron sticker works here in CA.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Hey No_Fear, my greatest fear when I visit Overland Park is some little rich, granola, dreadlock wearing kid thinking it's his/her duty to save the world and doing something misdirected.
You are right about the area. It's very safe and people are really nice. I worried the most when I went back to visit Lawrence. Too many kids without shoes smelling of patchouli walking around that town these days..my opinion of course

Old 07-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State
Default Hydrocarbon powered eco vehicle

Originally Posted by 3hummers
No problems. maybe the NRA Patron sticker works here in CA.
lol. I 2nd that... no pun intended.. or maybe it was. Someone above also mentioned hybrid stickers on ebay. Perhaps this will work as well. 2nd item down, you can't miss it.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

Also, now that I'm thinking of it there have been people who asked about the kind of mileage my H3 gets. Now given these people were interested in the truck cause they liked it or were thinking of getting one etc. etc... a positive reason to be asking, not enviro-wackos trying to provoke. I told them the H3 gets better hwy mileage than my cousins 07 Grand Cherokee which weighs about 1200# less as well as my dads 2010 M Class which has a 7 speed tranny in it. Which is both true b/c contrary to what the uninformed masses may think, I find our truck to be not so high on the SUV/gas guzzler totem pole when you think of all the other trucks out there (real SUV's/trucks that can actually perform.. not Honda CRV's and whatever those crossovers are nowadays.)
I try to do my best to educate when the opportunity to do so comes along.

Last edited by JCA1981; 07-29-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: My brain streamed faster than my fingers could on the keyboard.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 AM

Here in the middle east no one would think of damaging someone else's car deliberately. But many of the people drive like nutters so its much more likely to be damaged in a collision (which is in part why I like the big metal box of an H3 around me).

I intend driving the car from the Arab Emirates to the UK whenever I finally leave this place - I'm a little concerned about whether I might experience such vandalism in the UK. Any other UK posters here? Any problems with vandalism?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

No problems in Detroit! I've had mine parked all over Detroit, Pontiac, Flint in the not so nice neighborhoods around some industrial areas.

Try that with a piece of jap crap, that's what catches the bricks over here.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM

I'm in DFW and haven't had a problem yet. One thing I do though to minimize the possibility is keep my rig showroom clean. I figure it would really take an utter dirt bag to deface something so well taken care of. Then I park in high traffic areas where everyone can see it and look at it, which I feel gives me a little built in security network of people all keeping an eye on my vehicle. I only have about three months on this strategy though so time will tell, but so far so good.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM

"Try that with a piece of jap crap, that's what catches the bricks over here."

LOL, I love that statement. God Bless ya Detroit!!!

I live in rural PA , Chevy and Ford country mostly, not many H3s around, a couple H2s with the Oil & Gas guys ...the 4 H3s I know of counting ours are not bling type H3s, mud and snow vehicles that tend to blend in well with the everyone else's rides. Seems to be a correlation between harley drivers and H3ers though, as i think we are the only ones that don;t have both...

I agree on the gas useage thing, H3s do better than many trucks and big SUVs. It beats the heck out of my Chevy 2500HD crew that is for sure.

I am not sure I could live in a place where I had to worry about someone offended by an H3 to the point of defacing it, my advice keep the H3 and move outta there ASAP....cause you likely are not getting represented by a government official you would of voted for either. Not many Prius's in the parking lot of my gun club....AND THE LOT IS FULL!!!

Last edited by H3inPA; 07-29-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawkhummer
Hey No_Fear, my greatest fear when I visit Overland Park is some little rich, granola, dreadlock wearing kid thinking it's his/her duty to save the world and doing something misdirected.
You are right about the area. It's very safe and people are really nice. I worried the most when I went back to visit Lawrence. Too many kids without shoes smelling of patchouli walking around that town these days..my opinion of course

haha...I live in Overland park...

Old 07-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Autopilot
haha...I live in Overland park...
Well, when I visit OP I stay with family around 151st and Metcalf. Don't hesitate to flag me down if you see me driving around.

To the original post, I do worry a little around here in "Houston." One of the first things I did was install a locking fuel door. I have never actually had an incident in the year and 2 months of ownership. I'd say getting my caps stolen is more of a concern than vandalism.

Quick Reply: H3 Vandalism Problems?