PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Vandalism Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Default H3 Vandalism Problems?

I just got a 2008 Hummer H3 from my parents. Ive been reading some of the older post and people have been saying there H3's have been keyed, scratched ect. Ive been being extra cautious. I know that Hummer are considered gas guzzlers to many. Everytime I got to the store I park in the back away from the other cars. The paint on my H3 is perfect. No scratches or anything. Im also afraid if I park in the back of the parking lot it leaves the H3 more vulnerable to vandalism. I was wondering if youve had any issues with people reguarding your H3. Also I was wondering where you park your H3 at school/work.

Last edited by No_Fear_H3; 07-27-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 AM

I only had one problem where a Spanish guy kicked my car while I had it parked in the back of my family's store. He didnt do damage and I heard it and was close enough to run out and chase him off. People in general are sad they are either jealous for whatever reasons or angry thinking we are out to kill the planet. Truth is most hummers sit at the same level gas mileage wise as alot of others trucks in their class. I keep my truck in eye view When i can or i park it by where alot of people are so if someone was to try something I would hope a right minded person would either stop them or maybe a camera would catch it. The biggest target I think on the h3 I feel is the gas tank I heard a few owners say someone came over and opened the gas cap and cut off the cap strap and threw it. I have been lucky overall, I hope the same for all car owners in general no one should ever vandalize someone elses property.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 PM

I've never had a problem, but it's funny that people think that hummer is the only gas guzzler out there. What about the yukon, suburban, excursion, or the f350, or the sierra 3500.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 AM

I've had my H3 for about 3 years now, never had any problems with vandalism (and I've parked in some very shady areas if you know what I mean). Over the course of wheelin' I've put some very nice scratches on the sides though from branches and so on. If you never plan on taking your rig off road, just watch out of eco liberal hippies that think they are doing the world a favor (ahem California), lucky for me I live in Texas and almost every one here has a truck or some other gas guzzler.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 AM

The biggest factor is probably where you live, like the last post said. Here in Michigan there are quite a few H3s and I dont really have a problem. I did take a road trip recently and ended up with a dent about the size of a quater in the drivers door on an otherwise pristine machine. It is too high to be a door ding and there was a beer bottle cap laying on the ground so I assume it was someone being an a**hole. My mistake was parking it out back in the lot where it wasn't as easy to see the offender.

Highschool is a whole other animal and will probably hinge on your attitude. Being cool about it will probably go a long way. They also have some "Hummer Hybrid" stickers for sale on ebay you could use to trick the peeps.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
The biggest factor is probably where you live, like the last post said. Here in Michigan there are quite a few H3s and I dont really have a problem. I did take a road trip recently and ended up with a dent about the size of a quater in the drivers door on an otherwise pristine machine. It is too high to be a door ding and there was a beer bottle cap laying on the ground so I assume it was someone being an a**hole. My mistake was parking it out back in the lot where it wasn't as easy to see the offender.

Highschool is a whole other animal and will probably hinge on your attitude. Being cool about it will probably go a long way. They also have some "Hummer Hybrid" stickers for sale on ebay you could use to trick the peeps.
Lol. I live in Overland Park Kansas, one of the safest places to live in the U.S. Everyone here drives big SUVS and the people are very friendly. Im kinda the quiet guy in my school so I should be fine. Hopefully nobody get jealous of my ride. Ill probly end up parking it in front of the school where all of the cameras are.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:53 PM

It's kinda funny that you posted this thread. I have had my H3 for almost a year now. The second weekend I had it, somebody threw an egg on the windshield while I was in a theater watching a movie. That's not so terrible, but yesterday morning I went out and found that some jackhole had busted out my drivers side back door window. No other cars were damaged ,no attempt was made to get in my truck and nothing was stolen, so I can only assume it was pure malice/jealousy that prompted the attack, because it wasn't their beautiful red H3. This was insult before injury, because I was on my way to the dentist to have 2 teeth removed. People suck.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST
It's kinda funny that you posted this thread. I have had my H3 for almost a year now. The second weekend I had it, somebody threw an egg on the windshield while I was in a theater watching a movie. That's not so terrible, but yesterday morning I went out and found that some jackhole had busted out my drivers side back door window. No other cars were damaged ,no attempt was made to get in my truck and nothing was stolen, so I can only assume it was pure malice/jealousy that prompted the attack, because it wasn't their beautiful red H3. This was insult before injury, because I was on my way to the dentist to have 2 teeth removed. People suck.
Wow thats just awful. Where do you live? In my area mostly everyone has an SUV so here its not a big issue. I know even though I live in a rich area, I wouldnt be surpirsed if someone did that to my H3. People put Hummers in one category as gas guzzling vehicles. The H3 has around the same MPG as any other midsize suv.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Geography has a lot to deal with it, I think. I've never had a problem. Still get a lot of "Nice truck" comments even though that's obviously not mass opinion, otherwise they'd still be in business.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Cheap insurance (although it looks like crap, unless you have a fuel door)
http://stant.com/brochure.cfm?brochu...ocation_id=170

Quick Reply: H3 Vandalism Problems?