PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spuds
Falken Wildpeak A/T

Go with the 285/75-16 which is what comes with the offroad package.

I have the 305/75 -16 Falkens and they look great on an H3.

Great highway tire and good for the beach running that we do in South Texas. I've had them in snow in Missouri and Colorado and they work fine.
Those are garbage on the H3 in the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me, I've tested them(285/75/16), and I know.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Spuds
Falken Wildpeak A/T

Go with the 285/75-16 which is what comes with the offroad package.

I have the 305/75 -16 Falkens and they look great on an H3.

Great highway tire and good for the beach running that we do in South Texas. I've had them in snow in Missouri and Colorado and they work fine.
I had good luck with them on our nitro in the snow, much better than the stock good years that were on it, still not as good as the Dunlop fierce tires on my hummer but they're a good tire on wet and snow

Old 02-06-2014, 02:55 PM

General Grabber aT2's. From my experience with both, they are better than BFG's at are less expensive. We've been getting some brutal winter weather here in the midwest and mine have performed as well as any tire I've ever run in rain and snow.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
General Grabber aT2's. From my experience with both, they are better than BFG's at are less expensive. We've been getting some brutal winter weather here in the midwest and mine have performed as well as any tire I've ever run in rain and snow.
Excellent choice and the price is right!

AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

•5-row tread pattern with multiple traction edges for great traction in all conditions.

•Extra-deep, long lasting tread.

•Highly-engineered acoustic tread pattern for a quiet ride.

•Snowflake approved and studdable design.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Excellent choice and the price is right!

AT2 has an aggressive tread pattern that provides extreme traction in the harshest environments.

•5-row tread pattern with multiple traction edges for great traction in all conditions.

•Extra-deep, long lasting tread.

•Highly-engineered acoustic tread pattern for a quiet ride.

•Snowflake approved and studdable design.
Thank you both.

Xlr8n, are these the ones you have? From discounttire website: LT265/75R16E1 123Q W

TIA
cheers

Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
lex

I got the Duratrax, I think its a heavy tire but been good, great in the mud dirty, snow and recently ice...seem to be wearing well. happy with them.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by lex
I got the Duratrax, I think its a heavy tire but been good, great in the mud dirty, snow and recently ice...seem to be wearing well. happy with them.
Thank you for your reply. May I ask which ones in particular?

Cheers

Old 02-10-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by javaman
Thank you both.

Xlr8n, are these the ones you have? From discounttire website: LT265/75R16E1 123Q W

TIA
cheers
That's the brand and model, but mine are 305 size. I'd avoid the E rated 265's you have listed there as they will ride like a grain cart in that size. Hard as a brick. Take a look at the 285's size (same size as adveture pkg. H3). They are a D rated and will be much more compliant than the smaller size you are considering.
If you are dead-set on a 265 size, I suggest you find a brand/model that is available in a C or D rated tire.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 AM

That's the brand and model, but mine are 305 size. I'd avoid the E rated 265's you have listed there as they will ride like a grain cart in that size. Hard as a brick. Take a look at the 285's size (same size as adveture pkg. H3). They are a D rated and will be much more compliant than the smaller size you are considering.
If you are dead-set on a 265 size, I suggest you find a brand/model that is available in a C or D rated tire.
Thank you Xlr8n.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 PM

I've looked, and perhaps in the wrong spot, but can someone offer some advice. My H3 has 265/75/16 wrangle MTR (Kevlar) mounted. They say inflation should be at 80psi max. Please tell me this is unnecessary. I'm not inflated to 80, but should I be? Seems like, since most driving will be street with some off-road love mixed in I could get away with 40ish. I ask only because ice never owned a vehicle with a rating so high for inflation.

Quick Reply: H3 Tire recommendations