PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Stock Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 PM

Warmonger,

I'm using the XM but I'm interested in this anyway if you have the link. And Airborne, one last question, will my XM still work w/this AUX kit?

- Jason

Old 03-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by WarMongur
If your not using the XM, another forum has a post to add AUX input using XM channel 1. Its a quick mod and costs about $3.00.
could you post a link to said forum?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
Warmonger,

I'm using the XM but I'm interested in this anyway if you have the link. And Airborne, one last question, will my XM still work w/this AUX kit?

- Jason
Yeah it will still work. You just push the band button and cycle thru AM/FM/XM/IPOD.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 AM

Yeah, I'm using my XM too. It's all I listen too. All Classic Country. All The Time. Can't beat that! I used to say that I would never pay to listen to the radio. Now I love it!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned
Default All Classic Country

no offense, different strokes,

if i were captured by enemy,tortured,just lok me up and play c m for ? 20,30 min and id spill my guts! anything to get away from c m,,,give up my ,,kids!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM

Well guys, I was all excited to give you the link for this cheap mod .... but some crazy crapola went down on the other forum and the guy that wrote up this nice mod deleted everything he ever posted and hit the road. So ... sorry cant help ya now

Old 03-19-2011, 08:51 PM

No offense taken, Tom. Different strokes... Although I don't think I would ever take a big broad insulting stab at something someone likes just because I didn't like it. But like I said... different strokes. BTW - I like most all kinds of music. I guess I mostly like classic country because I have grown up around it, spent most of my life in it, made a living in it.. and because it has real life and emotions in it. Not so much the new country, but the classic stuff.

WarMongur, thanks for trying. At least you put us on the right path. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned
Default cheap mod

btw, i looked at the connections b4 and the audio from xm goes thru a ribbon cable to the radio and i am looking for a cable that can be plugged in series,to break out the l/r audio wires. then selecting xm would get my external device. it could be the "$3" fix!
the problem is a bunch of wiring on a stereo jack to return to normal. the kind of wiring i enjoyed,,,when younger!

btw its a 12 pin cable,like a computer ribbon cable. gota find the rite one.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 AM

Is there anyway to tell if I have a Monsoon? I have the DVD navigation with XM but am not sure if it has the Monsoon or not.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:03 AM

Look in the rear cargo area. On the passenger side you have a storage compartment. If you have a storage compartment on the drivers side too, you do not have Monsoon. If you have a sub enclosure that has Monsoon stamped into it, then you do have Monsoon.

Quick Reply: H3 Stock Radio Question