PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 repairs

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Default H3 repairs

Just got my H3 out of the shop. It's been there for 3 weeks for a few minor things and to have the hood looked at. The hood had what looked like battery acid from an exploded battery on the bottom side so the said they would replace the hood. I did not know that hoods are this damn hard to get from the factory since i live in baton rouge la and the plant is in shreveport la . took 2 weeks just get in. still waitting on the radio face plate that they broke to come in. I hope this is it for a while. In some of my other post I mentioned that i had 4whl control light issues and they told me it is defaulty switches that they are going to change out which is also on backorder.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Default RE: H3 repairs

The hood I can understand -- that's not a normal piece that needs to be replaced. It also probably comes from Michigan, not Shreveport where they're built. I wonder if it came from Michigan if it was already painted, though? Not sure -- but I've never seen one that got a hood -- seems like a logistics pain. Hope they get everything else figured out for you soon!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

The dealer broke the radio surround plate???? My confidence for that dealer would just have dropped well below the warm and fuzzy feeling. [&:]

Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 AM

They broke the plate when they were changing it out. it seems that the button that turns on my overhead lights is sticking and it is because the plate is defective. The new one was broke out of the box and we are waiting for the replacement. Factory issue ? The dealer took care of me by putting me in an 08 H3 thru enterprise rental and even paid the $17.00 per day insurance. I needed it back this week as I am pulling a float in a parade. they told me if mine was not driveable they would put a hitch on a H2 and let me use it. kinda wished they had not got it road ready though.