PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

I hope everything turns out OK for you. Did the nurse even realize why you were there, or was she just someone that was casually passing by?

Old 08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Default RE: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

Someone above posted that advertising may be working against us H3 owners and it just may be doing so.

2 of the tv commericials currently airing for the H3 show people (one features a male and the other a female) deciding to purchase an H3 AFTER each is disrespected in some way. The man decides to purchase the H3 after he is looked at with a smirk because he is purchasing vegan food instead of beef and meat at a supermarket. The woman has a mother and child jump ahead of her with her son at a playground while they are waiting to use a sliding board.

So those commercials kind of lead people to DRAW certain conclusions about the type of person who would purchase a hummer and of course that doesn't lead to any understanding of the actual price or mpg.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:57 AM

Not to minimize the horrible after affects, but would you like a moment of silence for the reduction? My girlfriend wants to get one. I can see her point knowing how it kills her back and shoulders. At the same time, I'm really going to miss those DDDs.

Again, not trying to make light of your wife's situation. Hopefully everything with her will work out fine.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: auria

Someone above posted that advertising may be working against us H3 owners and it just may be doing so.

2 of the tv commericials currently airing for the H3 show people (one features a male and the other a female) deciding to purchase an H3 AFTER each is disrespected in some way. The man decides to purchase the H3 after he is looked at with a smirk because he is purchasing vegan food instead of beef and meat at a supermarket. The woman has a mother and child jump ahead of her with her son at a playground while they are waiting to use a sliding board.

So those commercials kind of lead people to DRAW certain conclusions about the type of person who would purchase a hummer and of course that doesn't lead to any understanding of the actual price or mpg.

My take on those is HUMMER is offering people something to step out of their boring mundane life.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

That is just bad marketting. They are trying to appeal the younger 20's crowd whereas the older crowds probably have more means to purchase one. Instead of concetrating on the Hummer roots and exploiting it's ruggidness, they are saying "You will look cool in a Hummer driving it around the city on flat pavement"

If you have kids, you should probably invest that 30K in a mini-van. I probably would, but that's just me. If you market them as a family vehicle, that is all fine and dandy, but you are basically saying that buying a H3 will make you look cool if you are married and have kids, and maybe you can get some attention you are lacking at home because your spouse is spending too much time in front of the TV watching commercials for H3's

Just kidding.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I hope everything turns out OK for you. Did the nurse even realize why you were there, or was she just someone that was casually passing by?
The nurse was taking a blood sample from my wife's arm, when we had this conversation. Can you believe it?! Went to family Dr. and all tests show that the clot was from the surgery and after the next 6 months of weekly blood tests and taking a blood thinner she should be 100% healthy. Just goes to show that any surgery shouldn't be taken lightly, no matter if it is plastic syrgery or otherwise. I can't wait for her to heal because can't go off-road with her because of the bumps hurt her chest. Thanks for asking.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: fatdog77

Not to minimize the horrible after affects, but would you like a moment of silence for the reduction? My girlfriend wants to get one. I can see her point knowing how it kills her back and shoulders. At the same time, I'm really going to miss those DDDs.

Again, not trying to make light of your wife's situation. Hopefully everything with her will work out fine.

They took off 8.8 pounds!!!! She is still a D cup but much smaller than what she was. I'll miss them as well, but they were killing her back and shoulders. Side note: you don't get to keep them like you can on stones, teeth, etc. Laughter is the best medicine....she'll be fine once the bllod clot disolves.

HUMMER needs to advertise to people who are looking for a different vehicle. Personally I don't get the ads running right now. Just cause someone cut in front of you at the playground shouldn't make you go buy an H3...the kid still didn't get to go down the slide and now she has some monthly payments to make.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER needs to advertise to people who are looking for a different vehicle. Personally I don't get the ads running right now. Just cause someone cut in front of you at the playground shouldn't make you go buy an H3...the kid still didn't get to go down the slide and now she has some monthly payments to make.
The commercials do not make sense to me, of course my hubby and I are just having fun, the 2 of us. So we are not really thinking about child safety locks etc....with all respect to those who are.
During our recent vacation to Las Vegas we had a rental car, it was a pontiac grand prix and was fun to drive for the 10 days we were there. I gave the 'thumbs up' to every hummer driver I saw on the road.

Of course I know that GM studied,read and researched before many test markets and for some reason those silly commercials won the 'on air' demographic for the advertising spots.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

My wife wants to rent a car also if we take another road trip. We took one last year from Chicago, to Yellowstone, to Vegas, San Diego, then back, and we were in my Scion xB that was dropped. I wish I had a H3 at that time to go through all of the off-roading trails we came across. We round a state park that was literally on top and in between two 4000 foot mountains.

We supposedly bought the H3 for road trips. I am going to make sure we use it for that ;-)

Old 09-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Hummerhate
Periodically I will have people give the classic phrase when referring to a guy in a sports car or upscale SUV: "must be making up for his shortcoming(s)"
No, I just want a nice, functional, safe, stable, new, classy, tough vehicle which is different than the 1000's of generic, boiler-plated SUV's out there.

Quick Reply: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)