PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

I took NO offense to anything you guys said. Don't even worry about it. I'm one of the most laid-back friendly people there is out there. I actually like seeing people that are able to say "I made it" even though the odds were always against you. It makes you a better person when you get older and gives you a better perspective into what people have to go through in life.

I was actually trying to be sarcastic in a funny way, even though I'm telling the truth. I have had about 11 cars in my 30 years of life (yes I know that's crazy) and this is, by far, my favorite. I am also the first one in my family to go to college, but my sister (who is a leutenant in the Navy) was the first to beat me to graduation. I switched majors, literally, 4 or 5 times until I decided what I wanted to do.

Anyway, please don't think I took offense to anything. I truely didn't. I was just trying to be funny, in my not-so-intelligent way. I do that sometimes!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)

You are right. I correct everybody at work, especially my friend who paid 45k for his fully-loaded MDX and says my $27k H3 (thank you GM discount) is more money. Too bad he pays about twice as much insurance as I do. What a shame....

Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 PM

About Insurance..Strange enough, my Insurance went down $80.00/year for the H3, even after the Land Rover I had for 4 years, same coverage....

Old 08-09-2006, 03:40 PM

While I was visiting my wife in the hopital and wearing my Hummer T-shirt a nurse actually said you don't want to know what I think of those vehicles! I calmly said what do you think? She said she is fearfull of getting hit by one and made a sarcastic remark; How do you like the gas prices?! My wife and I were taken back by this. I just said "Well sorry to here about that because both my wife and I are members of American RedCross' HOPE program and that we bring Drs. and RNs. to hospitals in times of need."
Let's just say that's one nurse who had a change of heart about the Hummer.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

That is awsome. My wife and I are going to join the Illiana Hummer Club in Illinois/Indiana. They do so much for kids with handicaps and dissabilities, plus I think are part of the HOPE program which I think I'm going to look into. I understand people are afraid of being hit by those, but how often do you see a Hummer in a crash? I have yet to see ANY Hummer vehicle in a crash and I live in Chicago where there are alot of accidents every day. People that drive Hummer's know how to drive them.

I think you handled that quite well.

Our new home is being built in a place nicknamed "Tornado Alley" in Illinois, which is a town called Plainfield, which was all but wiped out in the late 80's from a major tornado, and still gets very violent weather. Anyway, when we get settled in, I'm really thinking about joining.

I wish people would just stop stereotyping everybody and realize there are people out there that don't just want attention by having one, even though it definitely is an attention grabber. I love when the kids see it. They always wave at me.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:30 PM

I always love it when the anti-SUV\Truck crowd uses the "their more dangerous in a crash" arguement against us. Is a big truck or SUV safer for its driver in a wreck. Hell yeah, that's part of the reason I drive one. Are they more dangerous for someone in a little tiny car. Hell yeah. But why should I be made more dangerous because someone else can't be safer? That's like saying everyone should be forced to live in a trailer home because they are dealier in a tornado. Next thing you know, we'll all have to wear the same grey clothes and wave a big old red flag every where we go. No thanks.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

That is awsome. My wife and I are going to join the Illiana Hummer Club in Illinois/Indiana. They do so much for kids with handicaps and dissabilities, plus I think are part of the HOPE program which I think I'm going to look into. I understand people are afraid of being hit by those, but how often do you see a Hummer in a crash? I have yet to see ANY Hummer vehicle in a crash and I live in Chicago where there are alot of accidents every day. People that drive Hummer's know how to drive them.

I think you handled that quite well.

Our new home is being built in a place nicknamed "Tornado Alley" in Illinois, which is a town called Plainfield, which was all but wiped out in the late 80's from a major tornado, and still gets very violent weather. Anyway, when we get settled in, I'm really thinking about joining.

I wish people would just stop stereotyping everybody and realize there are people out there that don't just want attention by having one, even though it definitely is an attention grabber. I love when the kids see it. They always wave at me.
Thanks HummerGuy. After my wife was released from the hospital I did leave our info with them in case they needed our services. I think it would help people's perception of the vehicle if GM/Hummer did more TV ads showing the HOPE program.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM

Two things.

1) My insurance actually went up $14 a quarter compared to the 2004 Chevy Avalanche I replaced with the H3. Something about being stolen more.

2) Where can I get more info on the HOPE program? That definately sounds like something I'm interested in.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

You are right. That would be a great idea. I'm glad to hear your wife is ok. I had to take my wife to the ER on Friday. Her's was a pulled muscle though.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

You are right. That would be a great idea. I'm glad to hear your wife is ok. I had to take my wife to the ER on Friday. Her's was a pulled muscle though.
My wife had a breast reduction and got a blood clot in her lung as a result of the surgery. Glad to here your wife is ok. Mine is going to be on blood thinners for the next 6 months and weekly blood test. It's just amazing that here my wife was in the ICUnit and the nurse was complaing about HUMMMERS. Can't please everyone, but I did change her mind or atleast like to think I did.

Quick Reply: H3 Misconceptions - What people don't know (makes them sound like a fool)