PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 rear suspension sagging....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Default H2 rear suspension sagging....

I have an 03 h2 with the infamous air ride suspension. I do have a 6.5 fabtec lift, but i have extended arms on the sensor to compensate for the lift. I recently towed a car 700 miles. After i had been home for a couple days the entire rear end is sagging. I had previously had the same problem with the passenger rear side sagging, but not both sides. when that happened i was also getting the "service air suspension" code. I took it to the dealer and they installed a brand new airbag and spring costing me near a grand (not to sure if i want to do that again).

This time both passenger and driver rear is sagging and no code. I vaguely remember the air compressor running and evacuating air constantly before it sagged completely. Any troubleshooting suggestions???.... Ive read that it could be a hose or the airbag, but with no code and the compressor not kicking on what else can i do to be sure. just to let you know, i bought 1 new sensor and installed it on both sides to see if it would make a difference and i unplugged the battery for about 20 minutes, neither did any good.

thx

Old 09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Default RE: H2 rear suspension sagging....

Check here for an option. Maybe contact this Guy.
http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/vie...f=3&t=8486

Old 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Default RE: H2 rear suspension sagging....

thanks for the reply, I ended up lifting the vehicle and sure enough the new air bag and air spring i replaced was not attached to the frame, and the airbag had no air in it. Off to hummer i go for the 12k warranty on the part.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM

It sounds to me like your compressor got killed. What probably happened is that the airbag got a hole or tiny crack in it so the compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag will kill the compressor. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. This is a PERMANENT fix and ALOT cheaper than going to the dealership. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/hummer-h...nsion-s/97.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM

How is the ride with your conversion compared to the stock air ride. I like the way my H2 rides now and I have no problems with my air ride right now. I am just asking in case mine goes bad. What happens with the compressor, sensors and the computer once you install your springs?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM

I was wondering that too. It seems if you unplug and remove the bags and compressor you may get a error message from the computer?